How could she miss that asshole? All he did was beat her. Punch after punch, kick after kick, throw after throw, yell after yell, cries after cries.

Suddenly I heard a crash come from downstairs and I ran down the steps as fast as I could, into the kitchen. I looked down at the kitchen floor and saw a cup either smashed or dropped onto the floor, broken pieces everywhere. My eyes followed up until they met with Kate's which were filled with tears.

"Are you going to hate me now because I accidentally dropped the cup?" Her bottom lip quivered, her voice shaky. She dropped to her knees and slowly began picking the pieces of glass up. I gasped and stepped forward more, avoiding stepping on any glass.

"Stop it Kate." I said getting down at her level. She didnt listen, crying, and still picking up the glass. I smacked her hand and grabbed her wrist, pulling her up with me.

"Let go." She tried getting out of my grip, but I just tightened it. Her tears were running down her cheeks, hurt covering her eyes. I pulled her closer to me, my hand pressing into her back to have more control. She gave up trying to pull away and leaned her head into my chest, sobbing loudly. My heart broke and I regretted saying everything I did to her. I moved my hands to the back on her thighs, lifting her up and having her legs wrap around my waist. I avoided stepping on the glass and walked us out of the kitchen, upstairs and into the bedroom. I set her down on the bed, and she laid back flat on the pillows, wiping her tears. I joined her and hooked my arm around her waist, pulling her body against mine.

"Baby," I mumbled into her ear. She tucked her face into my chest and quietly cried. Something else is bugging her, and I need to find out what. "I'm sorry." What else can I say? Apologizing is the best I can do right now.

"Tell me how much of a fucking idiot I am." She rolled away from me, and turned on her side, her back facing me. "Come on, you're dying to say it." Her voice cracked, and my chest pained.

"Stop it Kate." I wrapped my arm around her. She tried moving away, but I pulled her closer to me, her back pressing into my stomach. "I didn't mean it. It came out wrong." Her hair covered all over my face, but I moved it away and softly kissed that back of her neck. "You know I love you." Her crying stopped and she just laid there, not moving or anything.

"Leave me alone Harry." Her voice was so soft, she sounded tired. When I peaked over her shoulder and saw her eyes were closed, her lips parted slightly.

"You're just tired Kate, go to sleep." I said, climbing off of the bed. I grabbed the duvet at the end of the bed and covered her.

"Mhmmm." She responded, and I watched her as she fell asleep in less than a minute. Has she been sleeping? Has she just been staying up all night laying there silently?

I turned out the light and walked down the stairs, into the kitchen, and began cleaning up the mess. What happened to her? Is she still upset cause of what I did by kissing that girl? Or that she was maybe pregnant? Or that the person she spent about a year of her life with is dead?

I should've watched what I said, cause little did I know, it would effect her like this.

After I cleaned everything up, I headed back upstairs and took everything off except for my boxers. I lifted the duvet up slightly and laid down, wrapping my arm around her warm body, pulling her back to my stomach. I closed my eyes and laid there, thinking. I felt her hand go to mine that was wrapped around her body and lock our fingers together. I smiled and softly rubbed my thumb over her knuckles, my smile faded as tired took over. I fell into a deep sleep.

Kate's POV:

I woke up the next morning, my body literally on top of Harry's. His arms were tightly wrapped around my stomach, his hot breath hitting my shoulder. I tried as best as I could to easily roll off of him to not wake him, but I failed.