Late Night Introductions (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

He walked over to the kitchen and saw you in front of the coffee pot. He walked in further inside and saw Natasha and Sam sitting by the dining table.

"Morning, Barnes." Natasha said without taking her eyes off of the paper she was reading.

You quickly turned around and smiled widely as you saw Bucky standing in the doorway. "Morning, sunshine." You sang which caused Bucky to glare at you. "We had a great chin last night. Would you like some noodle juice? Or do you prefer a cup of joe?" You asked with a grin which made the ex-assassin freeze on the spot.

He recognised the slang again. His eyes narrowed as he eyed you suspiciously. "Uhm... Coffee would be nice, thank you." He said quietly and moved over to sit at the table with Sam and Natasha.

You poured some coffee for him, took your own drink and sat beside him at the table, handing him his coffee.

"I'm going shopping today. Does anyone want to come with me? Nat? Sam?" You asked. Natasha completely ignored your question and a smug smile appeared on Sam's lips. "I'm sure Bucky would love to go." He said and turned to look at Bucky who was already glaring at him. "I'm sure he'd love to help you out."

"Sure, I'll go." Bucky shrugged. He saw Sam's smile grow from the corner of his eye but decided to ignore it for now.

"Well aren't you an eager beaver?" You rolled your eyes. "It's duck soup but if you insist." You laughed and patted his shoulder.

Bucky was very confused by your choice of words. He wondered what in the name of hell had gotten into you. Even Steve and Bucky himself didn't talk like that anymore.

After you ate your breakfast you stood up from the table, told Bucky you were leaving in half an hour and told him to be jiffy.

"Is it just me or is Y/N acting weirdly?" Bucky whispered to Natasha and Sam as he was sure Y/N couldn't hear him anymore.

Natasha shrugged and took a sip of her coffee. "She seems normal to me." She said.

"Yeah, I didn't notice anything different." Said Sam.

Bucky shook his head, placed the dishes in the sink and went to his room to get ready.

***

"You should have brought your cheaters!" You said while nudging Bucky's shoulder with yours.

Bucky had his hand over his eyes to block the sunlight. "It's hotter than I thought it would be." He said, ignoring your scolding.

"I told you it was going to be hot!" You groaned as you noticed him wiping some sweat off of his forehead and you yanked the sleeve of his coat. "Just take that damn flogger off! And those gloves off your flippers, are you out of your mind?"

Bucky yanked his hand away from you and asked you loudly, "What's the matter with you?"

"What? You're going to get a heathstroke!"

Bucky turned his head away from you and continued his way to the shopping centre you were about to enter.

"Do you need some glad rags for the party Stark's throwing next week? I sure do." You decided to change the subject.