I sighed,"Okay fine, I'll have a cereal bar then." I walked over to the pantry and grabbed a cereal bar and left the house while Gerald followed closely behind.

****

School was eventually done with, but I had to unfortunately wait for Gerald who had practice today.

At lunch I explained the whole story to Ashley who seemed pleased with it. I had to explain it to her away from everyone else, because I honestly didn't want Robert to hear the whole story, sure he was my friend but I wasn't that close to him to open up. In fact he didn't even know that I was staying with Gerald.

Just as I was making my way to the bleachers to wait for Gerald, I saw Nate heading towards me.

"Hello again, Sunshine." He greeted brightly.

"What do you want again?" I rolled my eyes.

"I just wanted to say good luck for tonight."

I smiled feeling happy that he thought to tell me that,"Thank you."

"Wow she smiles." He joked.

"Shut up, or I will make sure you never have babies." I warned.

"Calm down feisty pants."

"Shouldn't coach be going berserk wondering where you are?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah I should really get going," he said starting to walk away until he paused, "oh and I suggest you keep that temper under control tonight, wouldn't want to mess anything up, Sunshine."

He started to walk away again but this time I stopped him.

"Nate!" I called after him.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. Not just for your advice but for everything." I smiled at him genuinely.

"Yeah, of course." He returned the smile and walked away, his beautiful brown eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

Why am I thinking about his eyes?! I thought annoyed.

Gerald was finally done with practice and it was finally time to leave.

"Nervous about tonight?" Gerald asked while he was driving us back home.

"Nope." I lied, honestly I was a little nervous.

The rest of the car ride was quiet and when we reached home I had about two hours before my hell dinner.

****

It was now 5:45 and I had about fifteen minutes to get ready. I looked through my clothes for something to wear.

"Maybe I should wear a dress?" I mused.

I really didn't feel like wearing a little girly dress, but my brother hates my usual edgy girl attire and the last dinner we had he specifically told me to wear something girly.

"Fuck him! I can wear what I want."

I chose a pair of black ripped jeans, with a black cropped top that showed off a bit of my stomach and I matched them with high heeled ankle boots.