Chapter Two

Chapter edited by: mon-princesse

Victoria's p.o.v.

As soon as I walk through my front door I head straight into the kitchen, my stomach growling in anticipation.

I search inside the cupboards but end up settling for a fruit yoghurt in the fridge.

"Back from school already?" I turn around and see my brother, Michael, standing by the archway leading out of the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's almost 4p.m., I'm always back at this time." I state the obvious.

"Oh, well I have never really noticed before."

"I know. I mean I could probably be murdered and none of you would've noticed." I return irritably.

The sad thing is that he can't even argue or defend himself, because the words I spoke are completely true, no one in my family ever has time for me.

I have two siblings, a sister and a brother; both older than me. I never speak to my 23 year old sister because she's too busy sleeping with any guy that will spare her a glance to notice me.

Then there's my brother, who's 25, he just really doesn't care about anything to do with me, as my life in no way benefits him, he sees no point in being apart of my life.

As for my parents, well let me just say, if we didn't have cooks, I would probably starve to death by neglect and hunger. They're too cooped up with work to take notice of my existence.

"You should watch your tone and have a little more respect for your elders." He sternly points a finger at me.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, making my way to walk out of the kitchen but he grabs me by the arm and stops me.

"What?" I snap, irritated by his closeness.

"Do you have any plans tonight?"

"Yes." I try to tug my arm out of his hold, but his grip only tightens.

"Where are you going?" He questions, a frustrated look overtaking his features.

"Out." I say cheekily.

"Where are you going?" He repeats, his suppressed anger nearly boiling over the edge.

I sigh, "I'm going over to Gerald's house."

"Well, you're going to have to cancel your plans." He mocks.

"What? Why?" I ask, annoyed.

"Because I'm bringing a girl home to meet you." My fists tighten by my sides, how dare he try to control my life.

"Oh, you mean one of your sluts!" I spit.

"Victoria, I'm serious about her and I don't want you ruining things!" He starts to lose his cool and I'm really not in the mood for drama.

"But Michael, we always hang out the day back to school. Can't you just ask Tasha?"

Natasha is my sister, who now lives in her own apartment in San Francisco whilst Michael and I live in his house in Los Angeles, as for my parents, well they are just traveling everywhere.

"She said she couldn't make it." He runs his fingers through his hair, an anger endured trait he picked up from our father.

"I'm sorry, but I can't make it." I fold my arms over my chest.

"I'll call her and postpone it." He huffs, frustrated.

"Okay, you can tell me when you're postponing it for so I know not to do anything." I say, feeling a slight pang of guilt hit me.