Chapter Four

Thanks to Nikki_crystal for the amazing cover!

"Wow! Only the second day of school and there's been so much of drama already." Ashley said sitting on my bed with a bowl of popcorn in her hand.

"Tell me about. Imagine what the rest of the year has in store for me." I said grimly.

"So how's things with you and Jessie coming along?" I winked.

"Actually really great! He's so sweet and amazing." She said dreamily.

"Ew so mushy." I scrunched my face.

"Such a hater." She stuck a tongue at me.

"Childish much?"

"Rather childish than broody." She said smugly.

"Ha ha, hilarious." I said sarcastically.

"Hey I gotta get going, my mom is looking for me." Ashley said looking at a text, which I assumed was from her mom.

"Okay see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

Ashley came to my house not long after I came back, I actually felt good talking to her, she completely understood everything.

****

I was watching Supernatural when someone knocked on my door.

I paused and yelled for either Gloria or Michael to come in.

"Hey sis!" Michael greeted.

"Okay what do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Are you free Friday night?" He asked, sitting on my bed.

"Hmm I think so...why?"

"Because I've postponed the dinner with Jessica for Friday."

"Oh okay, I'll be home then." I smiled.

"Cool. Goodnight." He grinned and walked out.

****

It was already Friday and I was on my way home.

The last few days have been thankfully uneventful with no drama. Just piles of homework and me failing in math.

I got home and walked to the living room, Michael was sitting on the couch, texting on his phone.

"You're back early today." I said, surprised.

"Yeah I decided to leave early, I had a little work to do." Michael owned his own business so he was the boss and could pretty much do as he pleaded.

"Excited for dinner?" I teased.

He chuckled at me at."That reminds me, you can call a friend to join us tonight if you want." He smiled.

"Great! At least I don't have to suffer alone with your cheesiness." I joked.

"As long as it's not one of your stoner friends it's cool." He said seriously.