[the past] ~ new friends

YOUR POV:

omg Kris kinda & almost found me out! I was SO worried that he'd actually know who I really was. I don't think he'll believe that this "pretty girl" is Hye Young. But appearance isn't everything, my habits and actions are. My acting skills need to boost up a bit if I'm going to disguise myself.

We were all talking and eating lunch at the same time, trying to ignore all the lovely screaming from the girls [and some guys.]
Yes, I meant the sarcasm. But it was seriously too loud. I couldn't even hear Xiumin or Sehun who were both sitting besides me.

The screams finally went a away after a while, and we were all greeted by silence. "Well that took long enough." Kris mumbled.
"My ears are deaf now..." Luhan said, pouting. "Same here hyung..." Chanyeol said, rubbing his ears.

"How do you guys put up with this???" I asked. "Well, with Mr. Popular here, I don't know how they can scream so loud." Xiumin said, getting a glare from Kris.

"Well it's not my fault if I'm too handsome. I was born to be adored by fans." Kris stated.

Tch. Typical snobby & conceited Kris. I couldn't believe girls would actually scream for this jerk. He's so stupid and just unbelievable!!! He brags all day long, & I bet he brags about how perfect he is everyday!!! you thought.

"Tiffany noona... are you ok? You seem mad about something." Sehun said. You look to your plate, and you saw that you were stabbing your rice with your spoon. "No I'm ok Sehuna." you said, giving him a smile.

Suddenly, Chanyeol, [who was sitting besides Sehun] grabbed your arm and dragged you along with him somewhere.

"Yah Chanyeol! Where are you taking me?!" You yelled. The others were in shock, especially Sehun, since you were his noona.

"Yah hyung! Let Tiffany noona go!!!" Sehun yelled after you, trying to chase you. Chanyeol who was grabbing your arm, started running like his life depended on it. You guys went through so many doors, hallways, corridors, and you guys weren't stopping. You didn't know where this giant is taking you, but you needed him to stop, now.

"Park Chanyeol, let- me- go- now." you said between gritted teeth. "Not yet! We're almost there!!!" Chanyeol said loudly, not looking back. You heard yells of panic from the other EXO members, with Sehun's voice among the loudest of them all. You looked back to see Xiumin, Kai, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Tao all running behind, trying to catch up to you two.

Chanyeol ran faster, and before you know it, you two twisted and turned around the hallways, and into a room. You guys lost the frantic members that were trying to stop you. In other words, you and Chanyeol were alone. In a room. ALONE.

"Park Chanyeol-" I said, trying to catch my breath."You have some explaining to do." I finished.

"Well if it isn't Hye Young." He said, smirking.

{WHAT?!!! HOW DID HE KNOW?????!} I thought, panicking.

"I'm not Hye Young Chanyeol-ah. My name's Tiffany. Kim Tiffany?" you said

"Look. I'm not buying it. I already know for sure that you're Hye Young." Chanyeol said, looking evil.

"How can you prove it mister?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"Your actions. And I actually found you out earlier." Chanyeol stated.

No. It couldn't be. You were super extra cautious when you were telling other people your name. Then how did Chanyeol find you out? You clearly remember not telling your Korean name to anyone AT ALL. Not even a teacher. And Mr. Park called you Ms. Kim too. Then how...?

"In case you're wondering how I found you out, then explain why you're so close to your mortal enemy? Bumping into each other on the first day of school? Don't make me laugh." Chanyeol sneered.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Park Chanyeol. Why are you asking me these questions? I don't get it." you said, trying to avoid the topic.

"Well first of all, stop denying it Hye Young. I know it's you." he said coldly.

"Prove it." you said suddenly. "Prove how I might be Hye Young, whoever she is. I don't know her." you said, testing Chanyeol.

you decided to play dumb. If this was one of Kris's plans to admit that you're Hye Young, then it was definitely working. Chanyeol was scaring you, and you wanted to run away as soon as possible. No. You wanted to run away now before Chenyeol could talk any longer.

"Ok then,TIFFANY. How can you explain your habit of stabbing your food whenever you got angry? And also how your acting is so good that it even surpassed Kris hyung? I can't believe that stupid guy didn't even recognize you." Chanyeol said, clearly angry.

"Acting? What acting?" you asked. "Chanyeol-ah, why are you doing this to me?" you pouted. "I'm not Hye Young! I'm Tiffany!"

You look into Chanyeol's eyes, and then he realized the horror. He thought that you actually WERE Hye Young, and he threatened you to spill your secret. Chanyeol looked remorse, he felt so wrong forcing a girl to answer a stupid question.

"I-I'm sorry Tiffany. I actually thought that you were Hye Young in disguise." Chanyeol said. {that's cuz I am...} you thought.

"I just snapped. I just really wanted Hye Young to be back. I miss her so much." Chanyeol whimpered. "What happened?" you asked, clearly remembering the good times.

~

years ago....

you and EXO were pretty close since you guys entered middle school in Korea. It was the first few weeks of school where everything was so nerve-wreaking and hectic. You had no friends, people were just treating you like nothing, which was good.

But you remember one day where someone from another class decided to bully you and thought that it was fun. She did everything from ripping your homework to bad mouthing you, and the worst- embarrassing you in public and physically hurting you.

You wanted to kill the girl, but you couldn't. You were too scared that her rich and powerful family would hurt yours. You knew what would happen to people that defied rich families. They'd die from their very own hands.

And so one day, after enduring punches and kicks from that girl [ and all her stupid friends, ] you ran away from school to a nearby abandoned building. It wasn't one of those haunted gloomy buildings, it was just abandoned.

You were crying your eyes out, not caring if anyone heard you. You've never felt so alone and so wronged. What did you ever do to that girl?!! You never understood it, but you eventually hated everyone involved with that girl.

Each and every one of them.

You continued staying at that abandoned building everyday, crying and calming yourself down by doing your homework or singing. But one day, a tall guy came in, who was surprised that you were in there.

The guy was really tall, he didn't look like he was your age. Surprised, you stood up and put your fists out, ready for a fight if anything went wrong.

"Woah there! I mean no harm ok?" He said in a panicked voice, putting his hands up. You slowly lowered your fists, trusting the stranger. "Hey... we go to the same school." the guy pointed at your school uniform, which the the same as his. "Er yea we do." you replied quietly. "I finally hear your voice!" the guy said excitedly.

"it's not like I'm not gonna talk." you mumbled. "I heard that." The guy said, smirking. The next part was kinda unexpected to you. He cheerfully introduced himself as Park Chanyeol, a student of Seoul Middle School, and in the 9th grade, just like you.

No one ever came up to you in school like that, even on the first day of school. They just thought you were a nerdy girl. But they were judging you from your cover.

"So what brings you here?" he asked. "And in an abandoned building?" he quickly added. "Same goes to you Chanyeol." you replied. You were still in a foul mood since your female tormenter hit you and everything.

And you couldn't do anything about it.

Thinking about it, your face turned all sad and gloomy. You were about to cry again, but you didn't want to in front of a stranger. It might tell him that you're weak.

"Hey! Why the long face? A girl should be smiling brightly, not frowning." He explained. "Well I'm just not in the mood Chanyeol." you replied coldy.

"Aww come on! I'm just trying to cheer you up!" Chanyeol said. "It's fine. I'm not in the mood." you repeated. "Please- just- smile once.- For me. Please?" Chanyeol begged. "I can't. I'm sorry Chanyeol." you said sadly.

"If you can't, then I can't give you something. But I really want you to receive my present too! It's a shame if you don't receive it!" Chanyeol said, reasoning with you. "Ok whatever." you said.

"Then..... think if the most happiest times you've ever experienced! That'll help you smile!" Chanyeol said, cracking a bright smile of his own.

the happiest times....

you thought of the time where you had meet Kevin, going on vacation with your family, being with your family, and how much you loved to sing. Those reasons were some of the reasons on why you loved life so much. The other situations weren't helping with your positivity anyways. But you always remembered singing with your family in the living room, eating chocolate chip cookies you baked with your mom and sister, and so much more.

"Wah! You're smiling!!!" Chanyeol said excitedly, seeing a sincere smile of yours. "You're so pretty when you're smiling!" Chanyeol gushed. Ok normally whenever people say that, it meant like they were creeps and whatnot. But since Chanyeol meant it sincerely, and you liked it. You haven't been smiling for a while either. He was the first person- besides Kevin that was so nice to you. And you enjoyed his company.

For the next hour, you and Chanyeol were chatting, laughing, and doing homework. It turns out that Chanyeol was in the same classes as you. He said that his other 11 friends were in your classes too. [You were shocked that he had 11 friends] But you were never paying attention to your classmates to actually care about it.

But now, Chanyeol said something important that made your ears perk up. "W-wait. C-Can you repeat that Chanyeol?" you stammered, not believing your ears.

"I just asked you that if you wanted to hang out with my friends everyday from now on at school. You're a really fun person to be around! And I'm sure my friends will like to be your friends too! What do you say?" Chanyeol smiled, showing his teeth.

you were shocked at his friendly offer, and you were waiting for your tormenter to come out from her hiding spot and laugh her face off at your desperation to making any friends. But she never did.

You looked at the happy Chanyeol who was waiting for your answer, and you replied a quiet "sure." You smiled at the thought of making friends, and not being a loner anymore.

You were so lonely at school that you dreaded every single day, and you were waiting for a miracle. And God gave you his answer. He was giving you a chance to be happy. And you gladly excepted it.

"THAT'S GREAT! You're my friend now!!!" Chanyeol said, engulfing you in a hug. You both blush, but you wanted to ask Chanyeol a question. "Chanyeol-ah." you said softly. "What was the present you were going to give me earlier?" you asked.

"My friendship. I knew how lonely you were everyday, sitting without friends, and with no one to talk to. I've always hated to see people so hurt and lonely. And so I want to be your friend!" Chanyeol explained.

that was a shock. Well for you.

"So yea..." Chanyeol said, rubbing the back of his neck, his cheeks still red from before. "That's really nice of you Chanyeol. Thank you so much." you said with happy tears flowing for your eyes. "Y-yah! Why are you crying?!! Did I do something wrong?!!" Chanyeol panicked, his eyes wide.

"No -you did nothing wrong- I'm just so happy." You said during breaths. "Oh god I thought you were crying because you were so sad from earlier. But now I know that you're happy and smiling, that's great!" Chanyeol said, patting your shoulder.

You realized that it was getting dark, and you needed to hurry home before umma freaked out. You quickly wiped your tears with your sleeve and said, "Uh Chanyeol? I gotta go home now. My umma might freak."

"Oh ok. Want me to walk you home?" He asked. "It's ok. My house isn't far from here." you replied, seeing that Chanyeol's shoulders drooped a little. "Don't be sad! I'll see you tomorrow!" you said, giving Chanyeol a bright smile. "And I'll see your friends too so you have nothing to worry about!" you added.

But seeing Chanyeol so sad made you wanna hug the giant guy. And so you did. You hugged him. His arms were warm, and you felt protected. Chanyeol was surprised at the sudden contact, but he also hugged you with red cheeks and a big smile across his face. You broke the hug and got your backpack, ready to walk home.

"Can't I just walk you home? There's going to be a lot of creepy people at this hour." Chanyeol said with huge eyes, trying to be creepy. You look at your watch to see that it was 6:14pm. You hated being alone and being around creepy people, so you gave in on Chanyeol's request.

"Yes! Thanks so much!" Chanyeol said happily. You laughed at the cheerful guy. As you guys were starting to walk home, you started thinking about Chanyeol.

{ His happiness so....... contagious. Once I see his smile, it just wants to make me smile and be happy too. It's like some sort of virus or disease that anyone could get. I call it a smile disease. No that sounds weird. How about.... Happy Virus? }

"That's it!!!" you cheered. "What?" Chanyeol asked. "You're a happy virus Chanyeol-ah. Did you know that?" you answered. "Well.... no. What virus am I? I have no virus." He said, confused.

"Aniya. You are a Happy Virus, a person that makes others happy just from your very presence. And it spreads around like a virus. So from now on, I'll call you the Happy Virus." you said.

"Happy Virus..." Chanyeol said, thinking about his new name. "I like it!!!" Chanyeol said, smiling widely. "I'm glad you did. It's a VERY special name." you said.

"Thank you." he said kindly. "For what?" you asked. "For giving me a new nickname. I really like it. It's one of a kind." he answered.

"You're welcome you giant." you said, chuckling. "Yah I'm not a giant!" Chanyeol said, pouting. "Then how can you explain that you're so tall?"

"Well it's just that you're short! It's not my fault that I'm a giant." Chanyeol said. "Haha so you admit that you're a giant! Gotcha!" You laughed.

You guys walk for 10 more minutes, getting some bubble tea along the way. It turns out that you both love bubble tea, but Chanyeol was introduced to it from his friends. He paid for yours, [which he insisted because you were a girl, and that "Men always pay whenever ladies are with them." Like Chanyeol said to you.]

You two walk into to your neighborhood, and Chanyeol's eyes become huge. "I live in this neighborhood too!!!" He said excitedly. "That's cool. Hey Chanyeol-ah, wanna walk to school together tomorrow?" you asked.

Chanyeol, being the childish teenager he is nodded his head furiously. You two stop by your house, and you said good bye to Chanyeol. You turn to ring the bell, but then...

"Wait!" Chanyeol yelled, making you stop in your tracks. "What?" you asked, turning around.

"I still don't know your name yet!" Chanyeol said frantically.

you walk towards Chanyeol with your free hand out; you shake his hand as you smile and say,"It's nice to meet you Chanyeol, I'm Kim Hye Young."

~

a short/medium-ish chapter this time. It's about how you met the Happy virus Chanyeol! Isn't it cool how you made up his nickname for him? Haha lol. (^◇^)

So as I said on the last chapter, I'll make them find out that you're actually Hye Young later... but it's gonna be someone that finds out first. Who is it you ask? It might be Chanyeol, or for worse, it could be Kris. Or the other members. ಠ_ಠ

ok I have homework to do, so ANNYEONG! (・Д・)ノ

@xoxo_annie_exo