nine.

HIM

"Happy birthday!"

I saw different colors of confettis flying on the air, people smiling, musics blaring and some company who's ready to grab and hug me. All of my close friends were here, my siblings and my girlfriend. I saw the venue and there are some decorations and stuffs set up. There is a dj booth on the corner and then a buffet placing near the pool.

I went to Nadine as she was situated at the porch standing there smiling with her cute mickey mouse sweatshirt. I kiss and hug her and went to blow the cake that's in front of me.

They sang the happy birthday song which leaves me quite awkward because fuck I am already twenty three man. They all laugh as they finished the last words and insist me to blow the candle. I blow all the twenty three candles that's standing right at the vanilla cake and then Lauren kiss me on the cheeks.

"It's party time motherfucker." Bret shouted and remove his shirt and ran to the pool then jump.

I laugh at his gesture. I never knew that they would set up this kind of birthday party for me. I knew this before that they will surprised me with a birthday bash but I never knew that it would be a pool party and. . .

"Shit, shit. Is this real?" I said in astonishment as I heard a familiar tune, my favorite song playing on right now. I saw at far corner that Oh! Flamingo is performing some of their songs and it took my breath away. My jaw drops as it was impossible to invite them at my birthday.

"Who invited them? Oh my god." I said, still in shock and awe.

"Your Naddie," Lauren said while pointing at Nadine who's looking at me happily.

I walk to her and hug her tight. She let go of me and kiss my cheeks time after time, showering small kisses that make me weak everytime she does it. She gazes at me and fix her eye in just me and I see the happiness and the outgrow of love.

"Surprise!" She yells and chuckle afterwards.

"This is too much love." I utter, shaking my head in such intent that I can't believe she really did it.

"Love huh?" She repeats and trail her fingers in my face.

She puts her hand to my neck and push my head to her and our lips collided. She kiss me torridly and hardly as if she wants me more than she wants in the whole world. I put my right arm on her waist and her left hand on her back rubbing her softly. Then our lips move in sync, softly while I trust my tongue unto hers as she welcomes me into her mouth. And then a flash went off and then another one, and then another.

We let go eventually and laugh hard as we looked at each other.

"Get naked babe," I whisper and bite her ear as she ran inside and change her outfit.

I head towards to my friends who's already soaking wet and already drunk. I felt happy cause their enjoying the party and the ambiance to it. So, Bret and Nadine prepared all this for me and Yassi.

"Thanks dude," I tap his shoulder as he try to hug Yassi.

Bret is such a good friend to me since PBB days and up until now he is still the same Bret I've known. We've been together for quite long and our friendship grew stronger as the time goes by. Let alone the problems, we still find our way to each other.

"It's my first time and especially your girlfriend is so persistent so," he mutter.

Nadine put a good party. It's something what I want and she knew it. She invited my favorite band which leaves me so thankful for her and then a great company, good food and music. I sigh, not wanting this moment to last. I've always had a birthday party at a club or in work but now, this is freefall.