Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light

Start from the beginning

By the time I came back downstairs Yoli looked like she was in a bad mood but when she saw the look on my face she seemed to grow concerned.

"What's wrong? Is Knox still refusing to take a nap?" She questioned and I shook my head no and walked into the kitchen with her following me.

"No Kaine is sick, he was suppose to take a trip down to Miami with Angelo this weekend. Dash knows people down there and he was trying to hook up a drug connect for them since mostly everyone over here won't work them because of Harlem" I explained and Yoli gasped and looked at me.

"They should work with my dad, I bet you Harlem will start acting right then. My father isn't going to let him make a bad reputation for his organization and Lem is afraid of my dad he's been dodging him since Ciara had Aiden because he knows my dad is going to have my cousins fuck him up" Yoli laughed.

"True, I'll relay the message to Kaine or Angelo because Kaine doesn't like when I make connections for him it tests his manhood" I said looking at my nails seeing one of them was broken.

Yoli grabbed a banana and began to peel it when someone knocked on my front door. I looked at Yoli who shrugged her shoulder and turned on the stool as I walked passed probably wondering who it was.

I heard the police sirens outside and I looked through the peephole spotting one cop. I carefully opened the door and he smiled and glanced over towards Rose's brownstone.

"Hi, I don't mean to bother you but I got a call about a missing teenager Brandon Mathews he lives next door with his grandmother. He's been missing since last night, you didn't happen to see him did you?" He questioned and I glanced at Rose who seemed to be near a break down as she watched us.

"I haven't seen him, I hope you guys find him though sometimes teenagers just do some crazy tings" I said and the officer agreed.

"Yeah well just keep a look out for him. Have a nice day" he said handing me a flyer before walking away and I shut the door and looked at the picture. Rose's grandson looked like a square but Aaron said he'd saw the bwoy doing drugs when Rose wasn't home.

I walked back into the kitchen and showed Yoli the flyer causing her eyes to widen. She looked closer at the picture before she made a face.

"He looks like one of them stoners that think they're cool as fuck cause they smoke meth and do a lot of partying. This is the lil bitch she said to keep Aaron away from? Ha no he needs to stay the fuck away from Aaron, we don't need his druggy ass rubbing off on him" Yoli said balling the flyer up and I laughed.

I warmed up my burrito bowl from the night before and Yoli opened the organic tortilla chips and seemed hesitant before she bit into one. I looked at my cellphone after getting a notification and I frowned and looked up at Yoli.

"Who is this dumb likkle gyal people keep sending me pictures of?" I questioned showing Yoli and she laughed.

"Her dad some drug dealer and she's a spoiled ass teenager who's trying to get at your husband. She be posting pictures of him and got people thinking they're sleeping together all her friends are calling it goals" Yoli said finding the entire thing hilarious.

I made Yoli go to her Instagram and find the page before I scrolled through noticing some of those pictures of Kaine were from my Instagram that I deleted awhile ago. The gyal was pretty I'd give her that but she needed to stay in a child's place before I slapped her mother for giving birth to her.