Chapter 45:The Walls

Ashley has these boots. I love these boots haha i want a pair

This takes place the same day as last chapter :)

~Ashley's Pov~

"We should get going" Carl said. "To where?" I asked. He sighed a little. "My dad" He said. "Yeah" I said looking up at him. We were both still in each other's arms. "Don't really want to tho" he said looking down at me. "Why's that" I asked laying my head back down. "I wanna stay here, With you" He said. "Me too" I said. I sat up. "But we have to so" I said as i ran my hand through my hair and letting it fall freely.

"You're right. Alright let's go" He said. We were about to walk out but i realized i didn't have my knife. We had our guns not my knife. I went back and got it. Only to see Carl's knife was there too. I grabbed them both. "Forgetting something?" I asked. "My knife-" He turned around. I walked u to him. "Here" I said and handed him his knife.

We started walking the streets, We walked and saw Rick. Something green caught my eyes. I looked up. We both looked up to see balloons. "Glenn" I whispered. But then we see something horrifying. The tower tipping over. Bringing the wall with it. "Oh my god" Carl said pulling me back. My heart started racing and I'm sure everybody else's were too. One by one. Walkers started appearing from the dust cloud.

Half of the walkers were flooding in Alexandria.

I looked at the walkers in shock. "Everyone! Get back! Get into your houses! Go!" Rick yelled. Walkers appearing behind him. "Cmon Let's go" Carl sad scared. He grabbed my hand and we started running. Adrenaline pumping through our veins. We turned the corner to see more walkers. We stopped and backed up. We bumped into Ron. We looked over to where we came from only to see more walkers. Carl wasn't letting go of my hand. I wasn't going to either.

We were breathing heavily. "Over here! Hurry!" It was Michonne and Father Gabriel. We ran over to them and Michonne cleared a path. We saw Rick and Deanna. She was hurt. Limping. Blood on her leg. "Rick!" Michonne said. We kept on running towards them. "Good. You're safe. Cmon." Rick said holding Deanna. We finally let go of each other even though we didn't want to. Carl and I pulled out out knifes and prepared ourselves for the worst.

Michonne. Father Gabriel. Rick. Ron. Deanna. Carl and I were taking down walkers left and right. There were just too many of them. We turned the corner and what a surprise. More walkers. Carl grabbed my hand again and we pulled back. All of us did. I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Until we heard Gunshots and a couple of walkers went down.

We looked over to see Jessie. "Come on! I have Judith!" she said. We all ran into her house. "Put her on the couch upstairs. First door on the left" Jessie said in a hurry. Everyone went running up stairs. Carl pulled me into a hug. A tight hug. Holding me close to him. Out hearts were racing and we were breathing heavily. "Are you okay?" He asked worried. "Yes. Are you?" i asked. "Yeah. I'm okay." He said.

We hugged for another little while until we heard Judith cry. We let go and went up stairs. Carl took Judith in his arms. I moved the curtain the slightest bit trying not to bring attention. They're everywhere. It's hard to believe these things. Flesh eaters. Were once people. With families. Jobs.

But just like that. Everything's over. Taken away from you so fast. You never see it coming....

"Hey. You alright?" I looked over to Carl. "Yeah" I said nodding a little. "Take Judith... I gotta go check on Ron, he went to the garage" Carl said. I nodded and he handed me Judith. "You got her?" He asked not letting go of her yet. "Yeah" I said adjusting my grip on her.

Once I had her he let go and gave me a kiss on the cheek then took off. Rick walked about a minute later to check on Judith. "How she doing?" He asked walking up to us. She was falling asleep in my arms sucking on her thumb.

"She's okay" I said looking down at her. "How are you?" He asked. "... Worried" I said not taking my eyes off of her. "We'll find a way out of this. And the rest will be back." He said. I finally looked up at him "We don't know that Rick.... I don't know if he will be back. I'm losing hope Rick. What if they end up not coming back?" I asked. Scared.

"Don't talk like that. They'll be back. I have a feelin' they will" he said. I nodded. Suddenly there was a noise downstairs. "Stay here. Don't leave her." He said and took off.

I heard things breaking. Snarls. Growls. Walkers broke in. My heart skipped a beat. I placed Judith down in her crate.

A few minutes later. Carl walked in. "What happened?" I asked. "I-- Ron- He tried to... Kill me" he said "what?!" I whispered. "Don't worry I'm okay. I took his gun..." He said looking at me. I looked at him just worried. "I'm okay. I promise" He said shaking his head. He walked up to me and held my hands, I looked at my hands causing him to look down too. He pulled away and put a hand on my cheek kissing me, then my
cheek and finally pulling me in for a hug.

I closed my eyes and hugged him. "I love you okay?" He said. "I love you too" I said. "Were finding a way out of this" He said and kissed my head.

----

We were on the porch of Jessie's home. Rick said that he had a tactic that worked for him before. We had bed sheets over us. Blood and Guts all over them. Gross. But if it keeps us alive. it's worth it. We took off walking the streets of Alexandria. Crowded with walkers.

The formation: Rick, Carl, Myself, Jessie, Sam, Ron, Father Gabriel and Michonne. Carl was holding Judith.

Our plan was to get to the armory but that wasn't going to work out. "New plan." Rick whispered trying not to bring attention to us. "Flares from a few guns aren't enough. Too many walkers. To spread out. We're not going to the armory we need our vehicles." Rick said. "Rick. Judith won't stay quiet the whole time" I said quietly. "I'll take her." Father Gabriel said, "Keep her safe in my church. Keep her safe until you all lead the walkers away." He said.

"Can you do this?" Michonne asked. He nodded. Father Gabriel started walking away. Making his way to his church. Rick was looking at him with a worried expression on his face. I would be worried too if that was my child. "They'll make it Rick" I said looking at him. He looked at me and nodded a little. He then took Carl's hand. Carl looked at me and took my hand. Jessie took my hand. We were all linked again. We started walking again.

~Night Fall~

We were still walking. It was dark out and we were no where close to the front. Sam suddenly let go of Rick in shock. Looking ahead. Tears formed in his eyes. "Sam? Sam. C'mon we have to go" Jessie said looking at Sam desperately. "Sam. Look at yout mom" I whispered trying to get his attention but not the walkers. "Sam. You can do this." Ron said. Sam started crying.

Suddenly walkers came to Sam and started ripping him apart. Blood running down his face. Sam screaming in pain. My heart started racing as Jessie also started crying as she saw Sam. "no!" She cried out. "Jessie we have to go." I said trying to get her to walk again. She was looking at Sam. His screams stopped. Suddenly more walkers came over and Attacked Jessie.

Ripping her apart. No screams coming out of her. She was shocked. I was shocked. I clicked out of my state and I tried ripping myself off of her grip. A walker had his eyes on me. I let go of Carl's hand and tried ripping my grip out of Jessie's and. It's like her muscles locked. I couldn't get my hands off. Carl tried too but he couldn't either. "Rick." I said. "Dad." Carl pleaded.

Rick pulled out his Axe and started cutting her hand off. I pulled away and finally was free. I was about to fall over but Carl caught me before i hit the ground. "are you okay?" He asked letting me go. "Yeah" I said still in shock. A gun clicked coming from behind us. Rick, Carl and I turned around to see Ron with a gun. "You." Ron said pointing the gun at Rick.

MIchonne's blade went through his chest and a gunshot went off as Ron fell to the floor. Carl turned around. I see blood covering a side of his face. I couldn't see clearly. His hat was covering his Face. He finally looked up. My heart skipped a beat. I started crying immediately. Tears falling. Ron shot Carl. "Dad?" Carl asked in shock and collapsed. "Carl?" I whispered crying as my heart was racing.