Chapter 16: Home Sweet Home

(Edited)

~Ashley's Pov~

Daryl, Rick, T-Dog, Glenn and Maggie were going further in the prison, "Hopefully we'll be in the inside by tonight" I looked over to see Carl next to me "Yeah, Hopefully"I said looking at him and he looked at me our eyes locked together until i looked over to the group to see if they were okay, Carl looked away shyly, "Lets go help them take down the walkers by the fence" He said.  He nodded and we started taking down the walkers.

I heard a whistle, I looked over to see Daryl signaling me to come over by the fence "We're goin' in. the inside may be overrun too" He said. I nodded "Okay be careful"I said. He nodded and ran off, I went to the group "They're going in the prison, they think the inside maybe overrun" They nodded and took down the few walkers left by the fence.

We waited by the fence for the rest to come back, I sat on the ground looking at the bracelet cleaning the stones. "Hey" I looked up to see Beth "Hey" she sat down next to me "We might have to sleep in cells you know" She looked discussed, "Yeah, but its either that or out here" I said. She nodded and we giggled a little and we saw Maggie walking over "Let's go" She opened the gates and we went in.

"What do you think" Rick said walking down the stairs "Home Sweet Home" I heard Glenn say "For the time being" He said. "its secure?" Carol asked "the cell blocks are" I looked at Rick and up to Daryl He knew what i was thinking "We aint sleeping in no cell we'll take the porch" he nodded and looked at me, Rick looked at me and i shrugged "I'll be okay with Daryl" I said. 

He nodded "You can always sleep in a cell whenever you want though" He said. I nodded "Thanks Rick" He smiled and i walked over to Carl "Home sweet home" I giggled a little and he smirked "Yep i'll go check on Beth" I nodded and went up with Daryl, I smiled and he patted the spot next to him.

I smiled to myself, we finally found a safe place, Some time later a small group was getting ready to go further in, I went over to see them getting ready, Carl was putting on a helmet on but it didn't fit him I smiled and he smirked at me

"You won't need that i need you to stay put" Rick took the helmet away from Carl "You're kidding" Carl said looking at Rick "We dont know whats in there, something goes wrong you can be the last man standing i need you to keep watch here" Rick said. "sure." Carl said. "Great let's go" Rick said and the group took off. 

I stayed to, helping keep watch and cleaning the cell block. "Open the door its Hershel!!" We heard a voice after a while. I ran over to the door to see Hershel on a table and his leg is missing "Oh my god" I ran over to Rick "What the hell happened?" Carol asked. "He got bit, we had to cut off his leg" I looked at Hershel and Daryl came up to me and gave me my gun "Come with me" We went to the entrance of the cell block he pointed his Crossbow at the door i heard footsteps and i pointed my gun to the door. 5 prisoners came out.

"That's far enough" Daryl said to them "Cell block C cell 4 that's mine let me in gringo. Let me in." One of the prisoners said. I pointed my gun at him. He looked at me and i took off the safety on the gun, just to let him know i would shoot and i wasn't bluffing. "I will shoot if you step any closer to the cell block" I said He glared at me. "Just a warning" I said innocently. "Don't even look at her." Daryl told him. He stayed quiet. "Congratulations Fellas you've been set free by the state of Georgia. You're free to go" Daryl told them "What's going on in there" He looked at Daryl "That Aint none of your concern" Daryl said. 

He took out his gun and pointed it at me but i didn't flinch i just kept my finger on the trigger but i didn't pull it. "Don't be telling me what's not my concern." He said looking at him. He pointed the gun at Daryl. Daryl stood up and pointed his Crossbow at him.

"Chill man, Dudes leg is missing, were free now why we still in here" The man said "Dudes got a point" Daryl told him. I still had my gun pointed at him even though he put his down.

"Group of civilians breaking into a prison that you have no business being in. Got us thinking their is no place for us to go" the man with the gun said "Why don't you go find out" I said to him he glared at me "We'll just be going now" the older man said "We're not leaving" he said.  T-Dog came out with his gun pointed at him "You aint going in either." T dog said. The man pointed the gun at him. T-Dog stood next to me ready to shoot

"This is my house my rules i will go where im damned pleased" The man said. "Lets just go man!" "No were staying here until we get our cells back" "Were not telling you again Get your things together and leave" I told him

"Im not taking shit from a 13 year old" He said. Rick then came in "Everyone relax there's no need for this" Rick said. "How many of you are in there?" He asked.  "Too many for you to handle" Rick said.  "Why don't you take him to a hospital or something" He asked. I looked at Rick. "How long have you been locked up in that cafeteria?" rick asked "Like ten months" "You heard of dude dying going cannibals crazy" The guys said.

"One guard looked out for us. told us to stay put, tossed us this piece told us he'll be back but he never did" The guy said. "We've been thinking the national guards or the army would be showing up an day now" Another one said. "Their is no army, no cops no hospitals nothing" Rick said. "For real?" The other said.

"Serious see for your self" Rick said.  We went outside with the prisoners. I kept my gun in my holster i had on my thigh. Hands reach. "How did you guys get in?" he asked. "We cut a whole in that fence over by the guard tower" Daryl told them "That easy huh" "Where there's a will there's a way" Daryl said.

"So what is this, some kind of infection?" he asked. I nodded at him "Yeah and we're all infected" Rick said.  They all turned to us "What" Daryl looked at me. "If i were to shoot you in the chest, You were to come back but as one of these things, its going to happen to all of us at one point" I said

"Where did you say you came from?" One of them said.  "Atlanta" Rick said. "I guess you can take that area over their by the water you'll be comfortable" One of the prisoners said. "Were using that land for crops" Rick said.   "We'll help you move your gear out" He said. "that won't be necessary" Rick said. 

"We took down these walkers these walkers, this prison is ours" Rick said.  "Slow down cowboy" "You snatched our locks from our doors" He said. "We'll give you new locks if that's what you want"Rick said.  "This is our prison we were here first" He said. "Locked up in a broom closet, it's ours we set you free, we spilled blood" Rick said. 

"Were moving back into our cell" He took out his gun i took out mine and everyone took theirs out too. "Lets try to figure this out so we all win" He said. "I don't see that happening" The guy said.."Me either" Rick and the man were face to face "In not going back in that cafeteria for one more minute"

"How stoked is that cafeteria?" Rick asked. "There's only a little left" he said. "We'll take half in exchange for a cell block we'll lend you some weapons" Rick said. "Deal." The guy said. 

~~~

Hi luvs!! I'll be posting another chapter today:)