Chapter 42: Wolves?

Small time lapse.

~Ashley's Pov~

Carl and I were out walking around the neighborhood with Judith. "Are you sure you're okay?" Carl asked. I nodded. "Yeah" I said nodding and looking over at him. "Why did you go after them?" He asked. I looked slightly away from Carl. "My dad.... He use to have this look on his face. Daryl, Merle and I knew that look a little too well. We knew it was going to end bad" I said as we started walking again.

"I saw that similar look on Nicholas so i went after them... Glenn and Maggie are the closest people i have to parents, I don't want to loose them" I said looking over at him again. He looked at me. "You won't lose them" He said looking at me.

"Carl" We heard a voice. We stopped walking and turned around to see Father Gabriel. "What." Carl said. A couple of days ago. He told Deanna something about our group. And yes. Our group was angry about what he went behind our backs.

I looked at him. He looked at me and back at Carl. "You heard what I told Deanna about your group." Gabriel said. "What do you want?" I asked. "It was about me." He said looking over to me. "Not you two or your group. I know that now. But i want to help" He said looking over at Carl now. "You tried teaching me about weapons back at my church but I'm ready to learn now." Gabriel said.

Carl sighed a little "I think you need to tell everybody" Carl said. "Yeah, I think you're right" Gabriel said. Carl and I started walking again. Slowly. "Come by around 3. We'll start with a machete." Carl said.

~~

"I need to talk to Maggie" I said. Carl nodded. "You're coming back right?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah just need to talk to her" I said smiling a little. He nodded. "Love you" He said kissing my cheek. "Love you too" i said kissing his cheek.

~Maggie's Pov~

We heard a scream. Ashley's scream. "Ashley?" I asked out loud. Worried. Suddenly more and more people started screaming. Screams filled with pain. "Richards! Whats going on in there?" Deanna asked. He caught on fire. I pulled my gun out. Richards fell over the wall, burned to death. I saw someone climbing over the fence. From the outside.

"Cmon!" I said as i ran towards the entrance of Alexandria. We were being attacked.

~Ashley's Pov~

I was cut on my stomach. I didn't think it was deep at first and i hid. I killed the person who did this. I saw a W on his forehead. Like scar i believe. But as i walked around, hidden I realized it was worse than i thought. I was loosing blood fast and it was deep. I pulled out my gun as i heard footsteps. "Oh cmon now. Look at you" I heard an unfamiliar voice. I was literally crawling away from everyone leaving a trail of blood. I was bleeding. So much. It hurt so bad. My breathing was unsteady. He chuckled. "I'll just put you out of your misery" He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

He enjoyed the sight of this. Me covered in blood. Suffering. Who were these people? I turned around and shot him right im the head. Catching me and him by surprise. I fell back with down and shut my eyes right. Letting out a cry. I tried getting up but failing. I clutched my stomach and was able to get up but in a lot of pain, I was bleeding and each step i took, i felt more pain my hands were covered in blood. Everything started spinning. I fell back down. A sob of pain escaping my mouth. "No." i said to myself. I had to keep moving. My vision was a blur. I tasted metal filled my mouth. "No.." i said again.

I'm dying.

Screams of people echoed in my ears. That's the last thing i heard before everything went black.

~Carl's Pov~

I ran out to see Maggie and the rest of the people, Ashley wasn't with her. "Where's Ashley?" I asked worried. I looked around trying to find her. "She was going with you" I said looking at Maggie. "Oh no" Tara said. "Spread out. She couldn't have gone far" Morgan said. "If she's still alive." Some one said. "She is. She has to be." Maggie said.

We all spread out looking for Ashley. The people were gone. Enid was gone. My dad and the group he took with him still aren't back yet. We lost a lot of people. This isn't good.

~Maggie's Pov~

We all spread out. Split into groups. Ashley has to be alive. Tara was with me. "She's okay. I have a feeling she is..." Tara said looking around. I love Ashley. She's like the daughter I've always wanted.

"Look" she said. I looked over and saw a trail of blood. We pulled our guns out and walked slowly around the corner. "Oh my god" Tara said. I turned the corner to see Ashley on the ground. Bleeding. I ran to her. "Ashley. Ashley Open your eyes." I said as panic started taking over. Now crying. Tara checked for a pulse. "She's still alive. Barely." She said. I took off my flannel. The blood was coming from her stomach. "Maggie" I heard her quiet voice.

I looked at her. She can barely keep her eyes open. I handed my shirt to Tara. "Shh It's okay. I'm here." I said smiling at her sadly. Crying. Tara started wrapping her up with my shirt. Putting pressure on her wound.

She let out a cry. "Go get someone. Quick go." I said. She nodded and took off running.  "Maggie" She said quickly. "I'm here. I'm here. You're gonna be okay, keep your eyes open" I said crying. She was in pain. Her eyes slowly closed. "No no no. You have to keep your eyes open okay? look at me Ashley" I said holding her. She was pale. She opened her eyes, Not for long though. "Don't let me turn. Please don't let me turn." she said softly. I shook my head. "You're gonna be okay. I'm not gonna let you turn" I said.

Spencer came running over with Tara. "Move" He said. I moved. He picked her up in his arms. Rested her head on his chest. Blood all over her. "Denise!" He yelled as we started Jogging. He couldn't run with her in his arms. She lost way too much blood. "Denise!!" He yelled again. People came running out.

Carl's face filled with Fear. He took her inside. Carl looked at the door in shock. The rest looked at each other in fear. Carl started panicking. I went over to him. I stood in front of him. "Carl" I said. His breathing picked up a bit.

I wish i could tell him everything was going to be okay. That she'll be okay. But i cant. I pulled him in for a hug.