Chapter 12: Decisions

(Edited)

Hi Luvs:) Don't Forget to smile:)

~Daryl's Pov~

It was getting late, the sun was setting and the group was having a meeting about how we're going to deal with Randall. I still couldn't believe what he did to my little sister, I headed over to the house to see the whole group.

"Okay, Now that everyone is here.. How are we going to do this?" Glenn asked Rick. "Well, we'll just have to see where everyone's at, then we can go through the options" Rick looked at everyone then me. "Did you talk to her?" He asked. I nodded "She said that she was out huntin' and she felt something hit the back of 'er head. When she woke up she woke up, She was tied to a chair, they beat 'er and took her out to the woods, that's when Randall came along 'nd stabbed 'er, he left her to die. She said that if she weren't to tie her sweater around 'er wound, she wouldn't be here, not so long after she showed me the scar" I said. 

I looked around and the whole group was shocked, Ashley and the Greene girls grew close since she got here. "Poor Girl" Carol said to me I just nodded and looked down. "Anyone got anything to say before i make my decision?" Rick asked the group, Everyone stayed quiet, they looked at each other but didn't say anything. "Alright, It's settled, We do this tonight." I looked at Rick and he nodded, i nodded back.

 ~Ashley's Pov~

It was dark out and didn't feel safe on my own, Daryl, Rick and Shane went to go take care of Him. I walked over to the camp Rick set up. Lori came up to me "Why didn't you tell us sweetie?" Lori asked me. I looked down and stayed quiet for a while, "I was scared." I said and looked up to her, she had a frown on her face, "Listen, as long as you are here, close to Rick or Daryl, or even me, we won't let anyone hurt you okay" She said looking at me. I nodded a bit. "Thank You" I said softly. I went to go sit by Maggie and she held my hand, We all heard Footsteps and stood up.

We saw Carl and Rick walking towards us, I looked at the ground not wanting to look up. You know how you sometimes get that feeling that someone is watching you? Yeah, I had that feeling. I looked up and saw Carl looking at me, He looked down as soon as i looked up, I looked away too. "Where keeping him in custody, For now." Rick said. Maggie gave me a quick side hug and walked back to the house. "Carl, go inside, Now please" Lori said. Carl went inside the tent and Lori went up to Rick. 

"He followed us, He wanted to watch, I couldn't do it." Rick looked into Lori's eyes "It's okay" She said. Rick and Lori hugged each other and i looked down, "Ashley what's wrong Dear?" I looked up to see Carol looking at me, i looked back at Rick then sat down and looked at my shoes. "I'm sorry i did this to the group Rick.. I'm just bringing trouble. Maybe i should just go" I whispered the last part.

But i think Rick heard it because he walked over to me and crouched in front of me. I kept looking at my shoes "Look at me" he said. I looked at him "You aren't leaving. I don't want you to leave, I'm sure the group wont want you to leave either. You are not bringing trouble to us, Don't think that okay." he said looking at me. I nodded. He did too and stood up putting a hand on my shoulder and walking to Lori. Suddenly we heard a scream. I stood up. "Get Carl." Rick said. "I want you to go to the house with Ashley and lock the Doors." Lori said. "Go. Go now." She said. We nodded and started running towards the house.

We were at the porch when i heard Andrea Scream "Dale!" I ran towards the fields Carl joined me. When we got to the fields i saw Dale on the ground, His stomach ripped apart, I froze "Oh my God" I whispered under my breath, I looked over to see Carl staring at the walker on the ground, His face went pale. His eyes filled with fear, he went to Lori and he hugged her, "He's Suffering, Do something " Andrea said looking at Dale on the ground. Rick took out his gun and pointed it to Dales head. "Oh God" Andrea said and she looked away. Glenn saw that i was in shock. I looked at Rick. Was he really going to shoot him? I hugged Glenn not wanting to watch. Glenn held me back. 

He moved me away. Blocking me from looking at Dale on the floor, Rick just held the gun but didn't shoot, I don't think he can until Daryl took the gun, He looked at me then Dale. "Sorry brother" he pulled the trigger and i jumped a bit bit.

~Next Day~

We held a funeral for Dale I stood next to Daryl "Dale would get under your skin, Because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. What he felt, That kind of honesty is rare, and brave, I looked at Dale, he would be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another, I couldn't always read him but he always read us, He saw people for who they were, He knew things about us, the truth. In the end he was talking about losing all humanity. He said this group was broken, The best way to honor him is to un-break it, take control of our lives." I looked over at Carl he was in tears "We're not broken, we're going to prove him wrong, from now on we're going to do it his way, That is how we honor Dale."

I still couldn't believe that he's gone, Daryl let go of me and walked up to Rick, I stayed in my position, Looking at the graves, It was only me and Carl now, He walked over to me "If i tell you something will you promise me not to tell my parents?" I looked over at him and nodded. "okay, I promise" I said softly. He looked around and pulled a gun from his pants "I took it from your brother, if he finds out i took it he'll kill me" He said. 

I looked at the gun and back at him. "Where was it?" I asked. He looked at me. "Motorcycle" He said. I nodded "I'll put it back" I said. He stayed quiet for a while "It was my fault Dale died Ashley" He said. I looked at him and shook my head. "No it wasn't, It was a walker. I saw it" I said as we started walking. 

"No, It wasn't it was me, That walker was in the mud, I was going to shoot it, but it got free and came after me. If i would have killed it. Dale would still be alive.. It was all My fault." He said. I looked at him. "Don't say that, It wasn't your fault. Don't blame this on yourself." I said. 

"Thanks for understanding" He said. I smiled a bit. "Lets go back to the house, I don't feel safe out here" I looked at the shed that Randall was in, Daryl was blocking the windows "Okay lets go" He said. We walked back to the house and helped Lori take stuff inside.

~Some hours Later~

I was out reading on the porch T-Dog came out to give Daryl a new gun. "Hey Ashe" T smiled at me, he gave me the nickname Ashe "Hi T-Dog" I said. He went over to the small shed that we kept him In. I walked over to T-Dog. I knew that he was tied up so i though it was safe, "Hey Randy!" T yelled he opened the door I looked in first and saw he wasn't there I ran off to look for Daryl "Oh hell nah!"  heard t yell "Daryl Rick!" They came running out. "H-Hes not in the shed Daryl." I said looking at him. We ran up to Them.  Everyone came running out "Randall's missing." 

"Cuffs are still hooked, He must have slipped them" I got scared and backed away into Maggie she hugged me. "Rick! Rick!" We looked back and saw Shane, he had a bloody nose "What Happened?!" Lori yelled. "He's armed he has my gun!" I panicked a little And Beth held me closer.

"T-dog get everyone in the house Glenn, Daryl come with us" I ran to Daryl and hugged him "Daryl please don't leave." My voice was shaking "Its gonna be okay don't worry. Go in the house okay stay with Beth and Maggie I'll come back i promise." He said.