Chapter 4

There was a kind of local tradition in Mystic Falls, they were saying some girl died one day chased down the corn maze in a Friday,13 and killed with a saw by a maniac farmer that owned the place. The kids used to make fun of it, partying in the corn maze,getting drunk and reproducing it like a joke. And they were throwing that party this night.

Elena took her leather jacket and got to the corn maze, where her friends were already around the fireplace. Caroline was holding the jelly shots like always and Damon was somewhere getting his ass drunk and probably making out with some ordinary girl like always. Stefan was there too, but staying stiff on the wood, drinking from a bourbon bottle.

Dean and Sam heard the local story and Alaric told them it would be great to practice on other creatures for the meeting with the vampire that killed Isobel. Sam searched through all the files he could get and found out where the bones could be buried. Dean agreed to go on the ground and make sure no ghost hunts down innocent kids messing around.

Stefan goes shortly after in the corn maze, sick of staying next to Elena, when he felt so much for her. After a few minutes, Elena decides to follow him there,and she makes her way through the heavy corn. There was no trace of Stefan. He must have used his vampire speed to get out and now,Elena was stuck there, with no way out.

She hears a crack behind her,and turns around to see who that was, but there was no sight of anyone. At first,she thought it was a vampire,but she knew how to handle one. And something showed up immediately behind her, and she found herself running through the corn maze with all her speed. The ghost was almost reaching her when she found a land with less corns and from her left, Dean appears with a massive shotgun in his hands. He tells her to move to his back and she does so,as the ghost of the girl murdered shows up. With a perfect shot, Dean shoots it and it dissapears.

"Sam, you have to hurry up,man." He mumbles and looks back to Elena.

"Are you OK?" He asks and she nods. She knew about ghosts,but that was something she's never seen.

"I've seen you at Mystic Grill,right?" She asks and Dean nods. Elena can't stop herself from drooling over him.

"Yeah,you were the waitress,weren't you?" He tries to look like he didn't pay attention,but,hell,he did.

"I'm not actually a waitress there. I was helping my friend,Matt, who works there at the bar and-" Elena stops,because she didn't want to say something about Stefan.

"I'm Dean." He says, holding his hands and Elena shakes it.

"I'm Elena." She replies, smiling. "Thanks for saving my life." She adds with a small giggle.

"Anytime." Dean says and then something is heard from behind him. Dean automatically turns the gun to that direction,but Sam comes out of the corn maze and keeps his hands up.

"Easy,easy.It's me." He says and Dean lets the gun drop. Elena looks better at the guy and she recognized the man Dean was with in the grill. Sam turns his head to Elena,frowning and laughing.

"It's done." Sam still laughs,but Dean seems grumpy.

"Oh,Sammy,give it a break." He says and Elena roses her brows at the sound of his name.

"I'm Sam." He says, and they shake hands.

"I see you met my jerk brother,Dean." Dean scoffs at him and he turns his head,mumbling "Bitch".

"I'm Elena." She says,smiling.

"Wait,you guys are hunters?" Elena asks and Dean and Sam look surprised.

"And how do you know that?" Dean asks and Elena rolls her eyes.

"You just shot a ghost with a salt bullet. And Sam probably burned the remains. I'm a smart one, you know." She says and Sam laughs. Dean and Elena were so sassy with each other,and Sam found himself loving it.

"Because Alaric said he got some helps, some hunter brothers. I believe that's you,right?" Elena says and Dean frowns.

"You know Alaric?" Sam asks and she nods.

"He is practically my stepfather." Elena adds and the brothers look shocked.

"He's not. He's acting like one for me,he just dated my aunt." Elena clarifies and the boys sigh in relief.

"So,it looks like we'll see each other often, aren't we?" Sam points and both Dean and Elena smile.