We All Fall Down - Pride.

Pride 

/prīd/

Noun

A feeling of pleasure from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is associated, or from qualities or possession.

I sat with my class, the excitement almost too much to handle.

I was finally graduating.

Somewhere in the back of the hall sat Jaime, Vic, Tony, Mike and my mom. Vic, Tony and Mike had insisted on coming to see their 'little sister' graduate.

Jack, Rian and Alex were also graduating and that made me so proud. They were planning on graduating and then a week or so after they were leaving for tour. It was sad but it was what they loved to do.

"Emma Preciado," my name was called out as I received a reassuring pat on the back from the person sitting to my right.

I stood up, making sure my gown wasn't tucked into my clothes underneath in any way that would embarrass me. I walked with a nice stride, but slow enough so as not to trip up.

I walked up the four steps to the stage and stood next to our principal, grinning like the Cheshire Cat, partially because I was finally graduating and partially because I didn't fall up the stairs.

My principal shook my right hand and handed me my certificate in the left.

I smiled out to the large audience in front of me as they clapped, hearing "WOO EMMA!" from the back, which sounded like a shout from Jaime or Mike.

I blushed before scurrying off stage, the grin still etched into my features.

I walked back to my seat and sat, zoning out until the end, when everybody stood and simultaneously, we threw our caps into the air.

~~~~~

We were having a joined dinner, Jack's family, Alex's family, Tony, Vic and Mike were at Alex's house. Rian was having dinner with Kara and his own family and Zack was at home with his parents, his other relatives joining him.

"Oh gosh, picture time!" My mom sung, a smile on her face as she forced Jack and I to go outside with Alex and get our pictures taken.

I smiled shyly as I glanced at myself.

Mom had forced me to wear a dress for the day and it was short sleeved. More like tank top sleeved. The scars on my arms had faded but were still there and noticeable. I'd used bio-oil on them every night for a few months and it had worked wonders.

Jack stood next to me looking spiffy in his suit, as did Alex.

First, she forced all three of us under the cherry blossom tree in Alex's back yard. Then it was Alex and Jack, Alex and his parents and so on until she forced Jack and I under there.

I heard cat calls and aws coming from Jaime and his friends.

I blushed and stuck a swift middle finger at them before smiling for the photograph.

She took a few more photographs of the two of us and at the last moment Jack leaned over and kissed my cheek for one.

I blushed as my mom took the picture, aw-ing as she did so.

"Dinner is ready!" Isobel, Alex's mother announced as she and Joyce, Jack's mother, came to the door clad in aprons.

Everybody crowded into the house and took seats around the table.

Food was piled high on each of the plates.

The whole way through the day, I couldn't help grinning because

I did it.

~~~~~

~~~~~

A/N; second last chapter, I'm actually kinda sad, but yep! One more chapter to go and that's all for Emma!

~Jane xø

We All Fall Down. (Jack Barakat of All Time Low)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें