Chapter 11

The next two weeks fly by.

Leön put me in charge of training the Purebloods, so every night I make sure to test their limits. If they aren't all exhausted by the end of the session, I step it up a notch.

Lately though, it has become harder to tire them out. So, I've decided to raise the bar a couple of levels.

I gather my trainees an hour before we usually have practice, when the sun is still setting. They give me confused looks, but begin to stretch as I instructed them to. When they finish, I smile.

"As you all can see, I'm changing it up a bit." I gesture to the sky and then to my workout outfit. No one says anything, so I continue.

"I'm sure you've been around long enough to notice that we have a pack of werewolves fairly close." I pause. No response. "Today, we'll be circling their territory. However, I am aware of the fact that you've never been given the chance to see their territory let alone find out where the boundaries are. So, I'll go with you this time.

"I must warn you though; I'm not going to slow down for anyone. If you fall behind, you will need to get back here on our own. Oh, and you probably want to stay away from wolves. It seems I sometimes.... forget about certain boundaries." I grin.

The trainees don't seem even the slightest bit amused. I turn. "Follow me." And the chase was on.

I run at a slightly quick pace, but it seems that the fading sunlight is affecting the trainees. Because instead of running beside me, they're a few paces behind.

How disappointing. Looks like I have work to do if they can't keep up with diminished light. I easily dodge trees as I near the territorial line. I smile. Here we go.

I run right outside the boundary, but quickly get bored when I only can feel the trainees behind me. Where are the wolves? Napping?

I dip into their territory for a few moments then continue along the border, taunting whoever is out there at this time. It seems that is all it takes, because I hear a growl and the presence of a few wolves make themselves known.

My own pace is enough to outrun them. However, it seems not every trainees' pace is because I hear a few gasps behind me and flustered movements. I grin. They probably thought I was kidding.

I'm just passing the halfway point when a wolf starts running next to me. I glance over and recognize his hazel eyes almost immediately. I smirk.

I haven't seen much of the Alpha these past couple of weeks. He has visited, but I make sure to be busy when he does. We run side by side for a few minutes until I get bored and pick up the speed a little.

The Alpha manages to stay by my side, but not as easily as before. When we finally get back to the house I skid to a halt, almost causing the Alpha to run into me.

Nine trainees come to a stop behind me, breathing hard and looking at the wolves warily. The last two finally catch up after a few moments and promptly stretch themselves out on the grass.

"Glad to see you all made it back," I say happily. "Because in about," I pretend to check my watch, "three minutes we're going to continue with our normal routine." A series of groans meets my ears.

I quite enjoy this job.

"I thought Purebloods were supposed to be quick. My pack and I were able to keep up with you." I glance at the Alpha, but quickly advert my gaze. Wolves may be used to each other's nudity because of all the shifting, but I am certainly not.

"The only reason why your pack could keep up with my trainees is because of the fading sunlight." I inform him in a matter-of-fact tone. The shifter chuckles softly.

"And I suppose that is also why I was able to run beside you?" He asks in a teasing manner. Ignoring his tone, I respond his question seriously.

"No. You were able to do so, because I had to be within sight of them. They wouldn't have been able to circle your territory as easily without my assistance." I explain.

"You do realize you crossed the boundary line, right?" He asks.

"Of course I did. How else am I supposed to get your attention?" I ask, meeting the shifter's gaze. He frowns.

"You could have just visited or something." The Alpha suggests as if it's obvious.

"I could have, but where's the fun in that?" I ask, shrugging.

The shifter sighs, rubbing his temples. I watch him for a few more moments before
raising an eyebrow. "I would ask if you're alright, but if you were alright you wouldn't seem to have a headache right now."

The shifter meets my gaze once again. "I've just been under a lot of stress lately and our unfulfilled mate bond isn't helping at all."

"You do look tired. Have you not been sleeping?" I ask, noticing the bags under his eyes for the first time. The Alpha sighs.

"It's hard to sleep when my wolf is constantly on edge." He replies. I don't respond. Instead, I look back at the trainees.

Now I sort of feel bad. I'm never going to accept him as my beloved, but I don't want him to be in pain because of me. It isn't his fault he got stuck with me.

"Trainees," I announce, "I've decided to allow you the rest of the day off. However, training will begin the same time tomorrow. Get some rest." Whoops of joy come from the exhausted group. Some manage to pick themselves up and walk back to the house while others relax in the grass.

I turn back to the shifter. "One moment," I say, holding up a finger. I turn and rush into the house. Using my vampiric speed, I enter my room in record time. I grab some sweatpants before running all the way back outside.

"As great as you look without any clothing on, I don't think it'd be a great idea for you to go in like that." I say, tossing him the pants. We don't speak as he puts them on and ties the drawstrings. Once they're on, he looks up with an eyebrow raised.

"Follow me." I say, starting to walk back to the house. The Alpha hesitates but I eventually hear his footsteps behind me. We walk through the house, and I end up having to glare at almost every vampire we pass.

Horny bastards.

We enter the room and I walk around the bed and grab my book. I lie on the right side of the bed before turning to the shifter. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He seems surprised.

"We're here to sleep?" He asks.

"You are tired, right?" I reply. He frowns, but nods.

"Do you," he hesitates, "mind if I shift?" It takes effort to not show my distaste at the idea of his wolf shedding on my bed.

"I don't mind." I say, at the same time trying to convince myself that it's the truth. I turn away as he begins to untie the drawstrings. I open my book, but simply look at the words as I listen to the Alpha undress. He shifts and gracefully jumps onto the bed.

He stands there for a moment before cuddling himself up to my side. He places his head on my torso with a huff. After a few seconds of silence, I gently scratch the fur behind his ears.

"Night, Alpha."