Chapter 7

Movies are a strange invention.

You slip a plastic, shiny circular item into a slot on a box. You press a few buttons and it suddenly there is a video of things on your screen. It could be anything. The video.

Anything from humans fighting, talking, going to school, having sex, or it can even show animals. You could even watch a cheetah stalk and capture it's prey if you wanted to.

Another cool thing about movies? Most aren't even true stories. They can make up whatever they want for the movie. And, according to Leön, they can make it look like someone got shot without shooting them.

It's different from anything I've seen in my early years, but most of your everyday, normal items are weird to me. I gaze at the movie bookshelf with mild interest.

He has more movies than Leön; that's for sure. He has them placed alphabetically. I find myself wondering how he watches movies in the front of the alphabet. Because even I have to crane my neck in order to look at the movies at the beginning of the alphabet.

"You want to watch something?" I turn to the voice and my eyes meet the shifter's before I turn back to the wall of movies.

I shrug. "Sure."

"Do you have a preferred genre?" I scan the movies. Action, Adventure, Suspense, Thrillers, and Horrors. I look at the Alpha once again.

"They all seem okay, so I guess not." I respond. The Alpha grins and the mischievous glint in his eyes has me a bit uneasy about my choice.

"Okay. Go ahead and take a seat on the couch and there and I'll grab a movie." He nods to the room in front of the stairs and next to the painting room. After a moment of hesitation, I leave the room.

How bad could a movie possibly be?

-🕥Time Skip🕦-

I was wrong.

Movies can be bad. Movies can be very, very bad.

I watch the people on the screen in horror. What has the world come to? Where humans seem to be under the impression that vampires sparkle in the sunlight? I liked the myth of vampires turning to dust in the sunlight more.

I watch the Edward guy turn away from the girl talking about he's a killer. I roll my eyes at that statement. He's not a proper vampire. No proper vampire would speak about their insecurities to another person. Not to mention how the kid looked like he was gonna cry or something.

He wouldn't make it in the vampiric court. They'd eat him alive.

I look away from the screen to the shifter only to find him sleeping soundlessly beside me. I frown. When did he fall asleep?

I stand from the sofa and stretch my arms. My bones crack and I exhale as my arms fall to my sides once more. I turn off the movie before looking at the sleeping wolf once more. I could just leave him there.

But then he'd probably be sore when he wakes up. My frown deepens as I question when I started to care.

I shake my head. I don't care, I tell myself. It would just be rude of me to leave him here when it wouldn't in anyway bother me to carry him to his room.

With this reasoning in mind, I walk back to the shifter and lift him bridal style. The shifter mumbles something in his sleep and leans into me. He grips the front of my shirt with one of his hands.

I walk out of the room and down the hall. It takes a bit of effort, but I manage to get the door open. I saunter into the room that is bombarded by the Alpha's scent. I set the wolf on the bed, but he doesn't let go of my shirt. Gently, I open his fist enough for me to slip out of his grasp.

The wolf makes a confused face in his sleep and rolls around on the mattress uncomfortably. I walk to the other side of the bed and sit on the edge. I lean over and slowly run my fingers through the wolf's hair. The shifter seems to relax at my touch and suddenly he's far asleep once again.

I wait a few minutes before getting up and draping a blanket over the sleeping Alpha's body. I glance at him once more before leaving the room and walking into the art room.

-🕥Time Skip🕦-

It must at least be a few hours before I finish my painting. Not including the time I spent studying the finished peice of artwork of course. I hear the faint sound of shuffling in the hall, so I stand from the stool I was perched on and leave the room.

My gaze meets that of the golden wolf's from the woods and my eyes narrow. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice as emotionless as my face.

The wolf crosses his arms and tries to look tough, but I can tell he's nervous. For good reason too. I not particularly fond of people lying about me.

"My friend," he gestures to the silent burly wolf next to him, "and I just wanted to let you know we will not just sit back and allow you to manipulate our Alpha."

I'm almost tempted to laugh.

"And what are you going to do about it?" I tease, raising an eyebrow. The wolf shifts nervously; probably not wanting to fight me again.

"Um- I, uh--" He stutters. He glances at his friend who doesn't seem to care at all.

"Don't bother that little brain of yours for an answer. I, in no way, intend to associate myself with your Alpha." I reassure him. The wolf gives me an insulted look.

"I'll have you know I have one of the highest GPAs in the pack." He states proudly. Right about this time, I notice the sun coming up. I grin at the wolf.

"Well, that says a lot about your pack. Doesn't it?" I tease before laughing. I run out of the house using my vampiric speed to arrive at back at Leön's house in less than five seconds.

When I walk in Leön's waiting. He turns to me with a smirk on his lips. "So how was your sleepover at your mate's house?" I roll my eyes and walk to the stairs.

"Don't be a b*tch, Leön."