34. Blindspot

"Corey..." Allison's voice fades in and out. "Corey, can you hear me?"

Suddenly, as if on cue, I jolt awake, eyes wide with confusion. My mind works as I remember everything that had happened in the past 24 hours, it all ending with my memory of blacking out and of Deucalion stealing my visions. He knew what was coming and what to expect; there was nothing that could stop him now.

"No," I say quickly, trying to get on my feet, to move. I needed to do something now. "No, no. This isn't happening-"

"Corey." I feel two hands press against my chest, but not forcefully. It was a soft gesture to just keep me down on the floor rather than standing. It was then I saw that it was Allison. "You aren't going anywhere. You just had a seizure and then passed out-"

"I have to stop him," I breathe, shaking my head. It was like my mind was stuck on the fact that I basically changed whatever was supposed to happen; I had to stop Deucalion from changing it. "I can't let him find her-"

Lydia speaks this time, and that was when I realized that she was still kneeling there besides Allison, her fishtail braid starting to fall out. "Corey, what are you talking about?"

"When I was stuck there," I look over at the ice tub behind me. "Jennifer was there telling me things about my ability, but it wasn't really her. She told me that my abilities are basically a curse; that I have the power to change what happens. I have the capability of deciding what path to take. She told me that I couldn't ever let anyone know what I see in the future or to try and change it, and now Deucalion knows. Whatever I just saw in the future, he knows it now, and now that future isn't a reality. He's going to change it-"

"Slow down," Allison says, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You sound like a crazy person."

"I get it," Lydia nods, her eyes distant. "It's basically what common time travel movies state. Technically, if you can see the future and you try and change it, the future doesn't exist anymore. What he's saying is that whatever he just saw, before Deucalion took the memory away, isn't the future anymore since Deucalion is going to try and change that future."

"We're on a different path," I say, glad that Lydia was on the same page as me. Never in my life have I been so glad that she was such a smart girl. "Whatever gets messed up in the timeline now, the universe will find balance for. It will equal out whatever was supposed to happen."

Allison sighs, still confused, but I could tell that it was starting to make some sense in her mind. "Okay, so what the timeline is going to change? You still just had a seizure, Corey-"

"I'm with Allison," Lydia nods, looking back at me. "You're not up to speed to go out there."

"You two don't get it," I say, attempting to stand once again. "I have to make this right. Deucalion stole those visions from me, so it's my responsibility."

Allison and Lydia look over at one another, communicating but not speaking. I imagined them speaking inside of my mind, but then Allison was looking up at me, standing now as well as Lydia. "I'm going with you."

"What about your dad?" I ask, watching Allison grab the dagger lying on the table behind her and sticking it into her boot.

She looks back at me. "Stiles went to go find the parents, along with Isaac."

"I would go, but I have to meet Aiden at the loft," Lydia says, triggering the reminder inside of me that Kali was coming for Derek tonight. That thought led to the reminder of Boyd dying, it being my fault. I tried to shake it away.

"I can go help them find the parents," I hear Deaton say behind us, causing all of us to turn and look at him. He nods at us before I look back at Allison, sighing.