17. Gasoline

"Are those claws?" Lydia says, panic in her voice. My eyes were wide as I looked at said claws, trying to imagine that they weren't there. This wasn't happening...Allison wasn't passed out, and she wasn't a werewolf. This can't be real.

Stiles comes into my vision then, now kneeling beside Allison across from me. He stares at me and Allison both, being able to read the lies and panic on my face. I didn't care; I couldn't help but focus on Allison's closed eyelids and fast pulse against my finger tips. For some reason, my mind went back to when I almost lost her the first time, all because of me. And this time it was my fault again.

I did this to her.

"...Corey," I hear Stiles yell this time, snapping me from my daze. My eyes finally look away from her and to him, feeling my bottom lip quiver when I looked up. Stiles nods towards Allison, moving his hands under her left side. "Move her to the bed."

I nod my head frantically, moving my hands under her to lift her up, but before we get the chance to even move her, she started to shake violently. My hands found their way to her shoulders as I tried to hold her down, more than sure that this was a seizure. It had to be...but why?

"What's wrong with her!" Lydia screams, bringing her hand to her mouth as tears formed in her eyes. I didn't blame her. To be completely honest, I would have been crying too, but I was too busy being stuck in panic mode. I couldn't lose her.

"Help me hold her!" I shout to Stiles over Lydia, watching his shaking hands grab her shoulder as well. Her legs start to kick as Lydia takes a step backwards, sobs escaping her mouth.

She shakes her head before kneeling beside me. "Put her on her side!"

She helps us move Allison to her side, finding the strength inside her to face the problems in front of her. My saliva thickens as I try to keep Allison as still as I possibly could, but seeing her like this crushed me. Allison, the girl who could always protect herself, was dying from an unknown cause. But then it hit me...what was happening.

Her body was rejecting the bite.

I really started to panic then, but I tried to keep myself together. I feel Allison's heart race from under my hands as I tried to think about something else, but I couldn't. It was stuck on the thought that I would lose Allison...that I would lose her for good, all because of Jade and me.

I ruined her life.

Either my lack of focus caused me to see what happened next or something else, but when Lydia's hand brushed over my own, I was plunged into another time and another place. I screamed at myself to go back; to stay with Allison and to not see this vision, but I couldn't control what happened now.

It took my eyes a moment to readjust, but soon I realize that I'm standing in one of the corners in Allison's room. A cool breeze blows through the window, causing the curtains to fly upwards, but that was when I noticed Allison and Lydia both in the room as well. Lydia was lying on the bed doing homework while Allison sat at her desk, working on her computer.

Lydia chews on the end of her pencil. "Hmm...what's number 5?"

Allison looks over her shoulder. "Lydia, you're in an advanced math class, remember? One that I'm not in."

Lydia laughs faintly. "Oh yeah...what're you working on?"

Allison sighs before turning back to her computer, her pony tail flipping over her shoulder. "We have to write some type of speech for English class."

Lydia scrambles from the bed then, walking over to her friend as she looked on the screen. I became interested then, so I walked over behind the two of them, looking down to see what she was working on. It wasn't what I expected at all. On the screen wasn't a website or anything that she had pulled up; it was her screensaver, which had a large trunk of a tree on it. Weird.