29. Love Me or Leave Me

I was now standing; out of that small cramped space. All I could hear was Allison beating on the side of her area as I stared at it, wishing she'd be quiet. I didn't want them to hurt her for making too much noise. Deucalion was in the room, along with Jade and Kali both. The two of them were staring at me as Deucalion stepped closer, still keeping his distance.

"I get it; you want me, but let Allison go-"

"She's leverage," Kali half smirks and half snarls, making me clench my fist. I hated that they thought they could just do whatever they hell they wanted. None of this was okay.

Allison stops beating on the walls then, finally getting the hint that they would hurt her if something went wrong. Plus, she couldn't listen if she was making all of that noise. I glare at Kali over my shoulder as Jade watches me with close eyes, her position being behind Deucalion.

"Tell me Corey," Deucalion says, his voice still giving me the chills. "Can you see the future?"

I wasn't sure how I should answer that question. Sure, I had the capability of doing it, but only with Lydia so far. I wasn't able to do it on my own just yet, but no way in hell was I going to tell them that. They'd go after Lydia next, and I didn't want that at all.

"No," I say firmly, making sure to keep my heart beating at a steady rate. Allison had taught me how to do it awhile back, and I was really thankful for that right now. "I can't see it."

"Then how did you find your little vet?" he stares at me behind his shades, making me grow uncomfortable. Keep you heart rate steady, Corey.

I take a deep breath. "Deaton? It wasn't that hard to find him after that clue you gave Scott. Follow the currents. All we had to do after that was pin point a spot on the map and go there."

Deucalion stares at me for a long moment, knowing that I was lying. I could tell that he was listening to my heart beat, so I used that for my sake. "You can hear my heart beat; I'm not lying."

"Or that little Argent girl taught you how to control it," Kali snarls behind me, causing me to whip around and stare at her. Just her presence angered me.

"I'm not lying," I snap in her face, seeing hers turn sour. "If I were lying, you'd still know. I'm not good at lying."

"He's not," Jade pipes up, crossing her arms. Deucalion looks over his shoulder at her, listening closely. "He's always sucked at lying."

It confused me to hear Jade say that. I actually wasn't the worst liar on the planet, considering I had gotten Jade out of a lot of trouble when we were younger. The look on her face told me that she said that to get Deucalion to stop asking me. She was protecting me, and I wanted to know why. Even after that little talk we had last in Stiles' backyard.

"Well if you can't see the future then..." Deucalion sighs, looking back at me. "You're not of much use to me."

He started to reach for Allison's slot in the wall, which made me nervous. When I'm nervous, I say random things. "—But I'm still learning."

Deucalion stops as he looks back at me, Jade shooting me a look that told me what are you doing? "The eclipse is in a few days, Corey. I need you then, or else I don't need you at all."

I gulp, not really sure what to say. "I can be ready by then."

I wasn't sure if I was a coward for betraying Scott and the others, or if I was being noble for protecting Allison. All I knew in that moment was that Jennifer needed to be taken care of and Allison needed protecting. I had a plan in the back of my mind to figure out how to take down Jennifer and the alpha pack, but I wasn't sure what that plan was yet.