14. Collateral Damage

"You know..." I say, staring at the dump of a Motel in front of me. "I always thought that Motels like this were only in movies."

Allison sighs from beside me. "You and me both."

Scott shrugs his shoulders as he steps off the bus, Stiles right behind him. "I've seen worse."

We all turn and look at him. "Where have you seen worse?"

He doesn't answer us as Coach whistles, gaining all of our attention. "The meet has been canceled until tomorrow morning and this is the only place that has enough vacancies for all of us. If I hear one more complaint I will throw you back on that bus and ship you home before you can even say Peter piper picked a peck of...whatever. Understand? Buddy up and I will give each of you a room key. No boys and girls in the same room since I can't trust any of you filthy teenagers...you're sickening, really. Not that that should be a problem for you, Greenberg. You'll never get a girlfriend. Anyways, sleep well. I can't afford you all staying up late and losing the meet tomorrow, got it?"

We all mumble "Got it" before everyone turns to start buddying up. Stiles and Scott turned to one another of course, along with Allison and Lydia, so I just simply asked Scott and Stiles if I could stay in their room. I didn't know anyone else and I was more than willing to sleep on the floor; besides, I'm sure the beds have bedbugs in them anyways.

"Tonight should be fun," Stiles says as he pats Scott's and I's backs. I wasn't sure what he was referring to, but I just kept the same expression as Scott: confused.

Allison walks past Coach and grabs her room key, 215, before turning around and motioning for Lydia to follow her. The two girls walk on as Stiles goes to snag the next room key from Coach, but Coach holds onto it tight as he leans closer to Stiles.

"If I hear one peep out of you for the rest of the night..." Coach says as he looks up at Scott. "I give Scott over here permission to beat the living tar out of you."

Stiles raises his eyebrows. "Psh, I could take Scott any day."

Coach is silent as he looks between Stiles and Scott, thinking the same thing the rest of us were. "Keep thinking that if it makes you feel like a less crappier person that you are. But I'm being serious; I have to get my beauty sleep and if I hear you doing the Irish Folk dance in the room above me we're going to be having some problems."

I knew Stiles was going to retort to his sass like he always does. "I don't even know the Irish Folk dance-"

"Just go to your room Stilinski!" Coach screams this time, throwing the key into his chest. Stiles' eyes are wide before he turns and walks away, Scott and I following.

I look ahead and see Allison and Lydia walk into their room up on the next level, meaning that our room was right beside theirs. Stiles inserts the key in the room number, 217, before opening it, causing a wave of smoke and filth to wash across our noses.

"Oh my God," I groan as I lift my shirt over my nose to block the smell, but it still managed to find it's way through the fabric. "Do they even clean this place?"

Stiles' arm is across his nose. "Considering the smell, probably not."

Such a smart ass. Scott rolls his eyes as he throws his bag down beside one of the beds. "It's not that bad guys...after awhile it gets better."

I remove my nose for a brief moment before hiding it away again. "How can you say that. Your smell is better than both of ours."

Scott looks around the room, eyes starting to water. He doesn't answer me as he goes to explore the bathroom, but Stiles and I stay in the other room exploring. My hands trail along the wooden desk, picking up dust, confirming my thought of them not cleaning the place. Stiles first walks over to the beds as he rips the sheets off, scanning every possible place on both of the beds.