Chapter 19

"Hunter". I said standing up. "If this is a joke, it is not funny". I crossed my arm over my chest.

He just sat there looking up at me. "Since when do you know me as a joking person?". He asked and my eyes widened, my heart pounding in my chest.

"You never sent the divorce papers?". I asked angrily looking at him with wide eyes.

"They fell in the fireplace".

"Cut the crap. If it is true, then how on earth did they end up in the fireplace". I snapped.
He didn't say anything.
"Oh my god!". I ran a hand through my hair.

"Relax". He sighed.

"Don't tell me to relax Hunter Knight. Do You realise what you did? What if I wanted to marry someone?". I snapped.

"Then you wouldn't be able to or I would have been informed". He said hardly looking at me.

"Oh God. You've completely lost your mind". I said pacing. "Or you're joking". I stopped to look at him again. "What one earth makes You think that this is okay?".

He just sat there looking at me.

"Oh my god". I whispered closing my eyes for a second before seating back down. "I can't believe You did it". I said tiredly looking at him.

He shrugged. "Well I'm not sorry". He said. "Even if the video was true, I was still going to look for you at some point".

"You're crazy". I sighed.

"So you've been telling me for almost eight years".

"What are we going to do now?". I asked.

"What are you going to do?". He corrected. "Because You have been and you'll always be my wife. Nothing never changed for you". He said snaking an arm around my waist and pulling me back to him.
"So how are You going to get rid of me baby?". He asked teasingly.

"I still can't believe you burnt the papers". I sighed.

"You better believe it".

"But why?"

He grabbed my chin making me look at him.
"Because I meant it when I said I will never let you go".

*************

I coughed again. I flushed and sat on the floor with my head against the countertop.
I sighed and stood up to brush my teeth and take a shower.

After showering, I quickly wore sweatpants ans a white shirt and went out of the room feeling like shit.

I went to Jason's room to find it empty. I furrowed my eyebrows. He is already awake?
I walked downstairs to find it empty.

"Jason". I called. No answer.
"Hunter". I walked walking to the kitchen and toward the backyard.

Are then together? But where? I quickly went to the kitchen to grab my phone when the front door opened and closed.

I quickly went to the living To see them walking in.

"Where were you?". I asked as Jason ran to me.

"Good morning mommy". He said as I kissed his cheek.

"Good morning baby". I smiled. "Where were you?". I asked again looking at Hunter.

"I wanted To take him out To eat but he said he only wants your breakfast so we went for ice cream". He said walking up To us.
"Good morning". He said quietly kissing my cheek.