Chapter 15

"What?". I asked looking at him with wide eyes.

Dead? How is it possible? I saw her. WHAT the Hell is happening?

"Dead?". I whispered looking at the kitchen as Hunter got Closer to me.

"Baby. I'm sorry". He said softly lifting me up and putting me on the counter standing in between my legs.

I didn't even react. I couldn't move.
What on earth is happening? What happened to my mom? What about Kyle, her husband?

"Baby". I felt his hand on my waist and the other one on my cheek. "You look pale. Look at me".

Mom. Where are you? I'm sure it wasn't a dream. I know she was here. I didn't imagine it.  She was in my house and we talked. How can he tell me she's dead?

"It's impossible". I whispered more to myself than to Hunter. "She can't be". I whispered again.

I suddenly felt Hunter picking me up in a bridal and walking.

He walked up the stairs and toward my room. He opened the door and walked in putting me in the bed. He put his fingers under my chin and made me look at him.

"Ella?". He said my name softly and I just looked at the bed. "Is there something you want to tell me?". He asked and I glanced at him before looking at my fingers. "Stella". He called again.

"What do you want me to Tell you?". I asked softly looking at the sheets.

My mom was in this house days ago.

"You don't seem shocked or sad". He said. "You look confused". He asked confused and my heart started beating faster. "So I repeat, is there something you want to tell me?". He asked again.

I forgot how good he was. He could read anyone like an open book. Another scary thing about him.

"No. It's nothing. Why should I be sad? Why should I care? She kicked me out and told me I wasn't her daughter anymore". I said looking down.
He just looked at intently. Can't he stop doing that?

"So why did you look worried?". He asked and my heart started beating faster. I shrugged.
"If something is bothering you, I want you to tell me". He said taking my hand in his. "You know you can tell anything".

"I know. But I am not hiding anything". I sighed still looking down.

"Do you trust me?". He asked putting his fingers under my chin and making look at him.

"Of course". I said and he nodded.

"So I'm gonna ask you the same question you ask me. Have you heard of your mom recently?". He asked and I gripped my robe tighter so he couldn't see my shaky hands.

"W... What are you talking about? You said She was dead". I said trying to keep my voice steady.

"Ella, look at me". He demanded and I looked at him. "Now answer me". He said looking into my eyes.

"You're being ridiculous". I sighed standing up. "Of course not".

"Ste-".

"Mommy". Jason said loudly walking in my room. "I want you to bath me". He said taking my hand and pulling me to the door.

"What about Laura?".

"I don't want her. I want you". He pouted and I smiled picking him up.

"Alright. Let's go". I quickly said.

That way I won't have to answer any more of Hunter's question.

********

After taking a bath, he quickly started watching Spongebob.

"Mommy". He called standing up. "I want cookies". He pouted and I smiled walking to the kitchen. "I want the big pack". He said following close behind. I took a pack of cookies and gave it to him.
He quickly took it and ran out of the kitchen.

"Ella". I jumped and looked at Hunter who was leaning against the door frame. "I have to go". He said wrapping an arm around my waist. "Don't Forget diner tomorrow". He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't say yes". I argued.

He shrugged before kissing my cheek and turned to leave. I let out a sigh.
My phone started ringing and I took it from the counter and answered without looking.

"Hello".
"Stella". I Heard my mom's voice on the other Line.
"Mom". I whispered. "What's happening? Hunter said you're dead. What did you do?".
"Calm down honey. I Will explain everything when the time comes".
"But Mom-"
"Did you tell Hunter about me?". She asked panic evident in her voice.
"No. I promise. But he questionned me. You know how he is". I sighed.
"I know. Just keep it like that". She said. "I have to go honey".
"Mom no. I have to know". I said quickly.
"I'll call you again as soon as I can. I love you baby. Be careful". She said before quickly hanging up.

I sighed and I looked at my phone looking got the number but it was a Private.
Mom, what's going on?