Chapter Seven

Dedicated to- salembuster

Jake's P.O.V

my office phone rang by my side making me reach out to answer it, I had told Julie not to let any calls through while I was talking pack business with phoenix. money had been going missing from the pack funds and we needed to find out exactly who was stealing it. "who's this?" I asked knowing it wouldn't be any of my business partners, I had a feeling it would either be Julie from her desk or Scott about Annabelle. fuck did anything happen? I was about to dart from my seat until I heard a voice from the other side of the phone "hi Mr Lowe your new appointment is here?" appointment? Mr Lowe? why was she calling me that. "Julie what have I told you about calling me Mr Lowe? you know my birth name so use it" her voice trembled with her next reply making me feel guilty "I'm sorry I won't call it you again, okay" I sighed pushing my a piece of hair that fell on to my forehead as far back as it would go causing the rest of my hair to get slightly ruffled. glancing to the desk phone seeing the time, I guess I could talk to him for five minutes before telling him he could leave and make a new appointment. "send him in" I muttered giving phoenix a glare at her annoyed sigh. "Sure, yeah, okay, I'll send her in now" why did she sound so nervous? her? what the fuck? its a woman? "thank you Julie" "okay, bye" I stared at the paper in front of me trying to remember what females I was involved with in the business but the only one that was flashing through my head was Rockman and it wasn't possible for her to... "fuck off! You have got to be kidding me!" that familiar breath-taking voice took me by surprise and I knew I must of looked up with a foolish expression. My eyes wide and jaw hanging open. that girl just keep's surprising me. Annabelle.

I felt something hit the back of my head softly and I glanced back to see scott narrowing his eyes on me. the more you glare, the more chance he won't speak. I felt my eyes narrow slightly in confusion was I glaring? I turned to bruce seeing him lip rise slightly "if you don't stop staring like that, I may start tjhikinh you hate me. your mates father, that's not possible is it jake?" I shook my head at the sarcasm in his voice. "yes your her father which is the only reason i'm keeping you around so speak up. why did youu send her on to my lands." I could see something flash in his eyes but it was gone barley seconds later. "you want to know the truth jake? the real reason I put you in that boot that day? grab my hand..." he must of sensed my hesitation "it's the only way i'm going to tell you anything" he continued placing his arm out stretched on the table in front of us. I glared at the arm in front of me hoping I could rip it from the socket. it's not that touching Bruce physically hurt me, its the fact that I didn't trust anybody apart from Annabelle to be in my head and I didn't want anyone other than my mate to know my true thoughts or feelings. just think of Annabelle. Scott's words echoed through the mind link and without another hesitation I reached out clamping our hands together.

I stared at the young boy hidden behind his mother's legs, there was a connection with him deep down in my heart. the first glance I got of my daughter sent one image into my head and that image was of the young boy from Samuel's pack. Jake. I don't know why or what that young boy could do to help Annabelle but the hope I had in my heart would try anything to get my daughter away from them monsters. already at just a few months old I could see she didn't look anything like her mother. she had my skin tone, my hair and eyes. the only thing human about her seemed to be her mother and the fact she was born from a tube. I hadn't been close enough to her yet to be-able to touch her to try and figure out whether she was born with my abilities or whether she was mentally human. I glanced at Jake one more time, the anger I felt towards his father leaving as I stormed over to my car. I couldn't be angry with a man who was just protecting his son but I wasn't lying when I said I would bring Annabelle back here one day. I would and when I do, that feeling I had deep down would come true. I knew it would. Annabelle was going to be the reason this pack lived.

I could barely inhale a loud breathe at the shocking information i just received before another one of Bruce's memories took over my thoughts.

I stared across the room at the two women chatting together, one female the rest of the humans believed was one of them when really I knew the truth. It was a gal from Samuel's pack. I had overheard her name being Julie. I had to give it to Jake, his assistant truly did look human. if he ever needed to get information from the human's she would be the perfect spy. to other's the conversation between my daughters mother and Julie may have looked friendly and joyful but I could see the fear in Julie's expression. it had been barely five minutes ago, when I had threatened Julie about attacking their pack house, I could see her thinking of the home every other second. she was worried. I felt a grin as I noticed Annabelle walk into the room. standing up I walked into Julie's vision allowing her to see me once again, her thoughts going straight to the pack house. I stayed grinning at the female long enough to distract the were so that my daughter could see the destination on the girls mind as they shook hands. Annabelle automatically thinking it was where the business building was. without glancing back I made my way out of the building and then out of the city, it was time to wait. soon enough Annabelle would be away from the humans and I would collect her from Jake's pack after they realise what a big mistake they made so many years ago not helping me with my daughter.

dragging my hand from Bruce's I darted from my seat, my body seething. he had known about Annabelle being connected to me yet he had sent her here trying to seek revenge on us all. I couldn't handle anymore of his memories being in my head, seeing Annabelle once again adding to the anger. "tell me one thing Bruce and I won't kill you" he looked at me in caution while taking a step back. "have you taken Annabelle for revenge on us all?" "Jake, don't kill me but if I had taken Annabelle do you really think there would be any need for me to be in front of you plus, I didn't get my chance to rub her existence into your face because... Jake I was with your parents."