Chapter 11: Friends and More

Mulai dari awal

Right now we are out on a midnight walk. We've had these quite often, and I probably wouldn't get through my days without them. Chresanto and I were lying in the grass in a park staring at the night sky. We'd pick out pretty stars we liked, even though they all looked the same.

"That one over there," I said pointing to a star, "It's beautiful."

"Like you." I turned to see Chresanto lying on his side staring at me.

"You're supposed to be looking at the stars." I chuckled.

"But you're much better to look at. Plus the stars will always be there, we have all of eternity to look at them."

I smiled, getting up from the ground. I walked to a bridge in the park that was suspended above a river. The water shined off the moonlight. I felt Chresanto come behind me and wrap his arms around my shoulders. The warmth of his body shielded me from the cold air.

"I know something has been bothering you, ever since we left New York." He said leaning his head on mine.

"You don't have to tell me until you're ready to talk about it."

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"You're not your usual happy self. And we haven't been having these midnight walks for no reason." A silence passed between us before he spoke again. "Feel free not to answer, but is it about Jaden?" I nodded. A tear ran down my cheek and fell on Chresanto's arm. "Oh no Danielle, please don't cry." He turned me around and pulled me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest for while before the tears stopped and I pulled away from the hug. He looked at me for a while as another silence passed.

I leaned on the side of the bridge and thought of how I was going to start the story. "When I went upstairs looking for Jaden I saw his door close and I thought it was him. When I got to the door I heard the voice of a girl, and then I thought it was just some random couple trying to find somewhere to hook up. But when I opened the door I saw Jaden's ex-girlfriend." I paused trying to hold back the tears building in my eyes. "I was surprised at first, but then the guy under her sat up. And it was none other than Jaden." I looked at the ground.

"So that's why." He said. I nodded. "Well that would definitely put a damper on anyone's mood." He took my hand in his and lifted my head. "You don't deserve that. You deserve much better; someone that's not going to break your heart. You're caring, and beautiful, funny, and compassionate, and everything any guy can dream of. You're so perfect, and you deserve someone who's going to treat you perfectly." I looked at him with confusion wondering where all this is leading to, then he leaned down so our foreheads were touching. My breath caught in my throat when I realized what was about to happen. He pressed his lips to mine, and I jumped in surprise, although I already knew it was going to happen, and I soon kissed back. It was a soft kiss, lingering and a bit awkward. He pulled away and his eyes glisten in the moonlight. I don't know what to say. A million different thoughts ran through my head. "I know I shouldn't have done that, but, I couldn't help myself. You need to know how much you're loved." He kissed me again, and I was still lost in the moment.

When I finally came to my senses, it was me who pulled away. "I should get back to my dorm."

"Alright." He said, and we began to walk back towards the building of my dorm. After the 15 minute silent walk, we finally got to my door.

"So, here we are." I said. Before I could open my door, he caught me by the hand and pulls me to him. He gently pressed his hand to my cheek, and I thought he was going to kiss me again. But he didn't.

"I know you weren't expecting what I did, and I know you're probably still confused and not ready to move on. So whenever you are ready, I'll be here. And even when you're not ready, or if you'll never be ready, I'll be here."

"Okay." I said, and he kissed me on the forehead. He stood there for a few seconds before turning and leaving down the hall.

I opened the door to my room, and saw Sky sitting on her bed on her phone. "Another midnight walk with Chresanto?" She asked looking up at me.

"Yeah." I said climbing into bed. "And a bit more."

"So are you going to tell me what's been going on with you lately? You're never focused; you've been really distant, hanging out with Chresanto all the time, going on midnight walks with him. What does Jaden say about all this." I didn't reply. "Danielle?"

"Well, it doesn't matter what Jaden thinks since we're not even together."

She gasped. "What, why?" I told her the story. What happened in New York, and why I really left the party early, and everything that happened tonight. "Wow."

"Yup." I said nodding my head. "Sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I wanted to but I didn't want to cause tension between you and Teo."

"I'm sorry I made you feel like you needed to go through all this alone. I'm always here for you, no matter the circumstances." She climbed out of her bed into mine. "You need a cuddle night." She turned off the light and we held each other in our arms for the night.

"Thank you, Sky."

"Anytime."

~*~

A/N:

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late update. I've had a lot of busy days and I'm really sick so... Ya. I know this is a short chapter, but I'll more than likely have another update in the middle of the week if I have time.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to Lolopop5757 for commenting and giving me her feedback. I'll love her forever. (I'm guessing she is a she)

Anyway, PLEASE COMMENT, vote, and all the rest of that stuff.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for being different. Thank you for being yourself.

Smilies, Hearts, Roses, and All That Good Stuff.