(2) New Guy Next Door. Why Does He Have Fangs?!

Soooo here is a little bit more of the story. It's not much but I hope you like it. Please vote and comment!!! :D

You have got to be kidding me! Homeless guy is my partner?! What is he even doing here? I mean, it is him right?

I looked into the two pools of sapphire. I hate to admit but he is pretty good looking. It had to be the homeless bench guy. But he didn't look homeless now. He was wearing a blue shirt with faded purple horizontal lines I had seen on display at PacSun a couple of months back and a pair of Levi's that were definitely working for him.

"Ummm, are you okay?"

Darn! How long had I been staring. How embarrassing. Especially if he isn't who I think he is. I guess I should say something.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You know....lots of people." I waved my hands and looked around the rest of the class that was now mostly in pairs.

"Yeah I get you. We all get claustrophobic sometimes." Then he chuckled.

That laugh! It HAS to be him! I am not going crazy.

He looked at me strangely. "So where do you want to sit?"

"Anywhere is fine."

"Okay, well if you want we can sit in the back where you were. You know to get away from the crowd. I'll get my stuff." He smiled and then walked to reach for his messenger bag. It was gray as well. I was sensing a theme in this kid.

As we sat down by my bag Nancy started to explain the assignment. "A big portion of being in the Communication business is having public speaking skills. You would be surprised how many college students are still shy in front of their peers. Now what I want you to gain from this class is a new sense of self confidence in speaking in front of the class. That is why all assignments will be presentations with your partner. So I suggest you get to know each other very well. That is why your first assignment will be due next class on Thursday. It's a short 2 minute presentation on your partner. You choose how you want to do it. And remember this is Intro to Communication so try and think outside the box. Now we have about an hour to work with. I would suggest getting your partner's information while I pass out the syllabus."

Wow. A whole semester of working with mysterious homeless boy, I mean Daniel. This was definitely going to be interesting. I wonder if asking if he lives on a bench by a coffee shop is considered vital information for the project. I heard him shift in his seat so I turn and faced him. And..... my he does have beautiful eyes. I always get transfixed.

He had a mischievous smile on his face as he asked. "So, Facebook or Myspace?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come on; don't pretend you don't know about the feud. You are either a Facebook fan or a Myspace fan. There are no people in-between."

There's that word again "in-between".

"Ummm, Facebook?"

"Great. Then I'll add you tonight when I get on my laptop."

"Wait a minute. How can you have Facebook and a laptop?"

He looked at me as if I were crazy. "What are you talking about? It's not illegal to have a laptop!"

Oh no, I let it slip. Maybe he isn't that same guy from the coffee shop. Maybe I am going a little crazy.

"Right, sorry. Of course you do."

"So what's with the name?"

I already knew what he was talking about. One of the first things that people ask me about is how I got my name Arabelle. All my teachers ask me that on the first day of school. Usually I get annoyed when I have to explain it but this time as I looked at Daniel's face I didn't see the usual "Poor girl to get stuck with such a name" expression. I saw one of pure curiosity and innocent kindness.