Chapter 2

Chapter 2

At the end of the day I find a note inside of my locker. It's from Elly. I open it up and it contains a phone number which I presume to be hers and one sentence.

Don't forget about me :P

A smile forms on my face. I couldn't forget about her even if I wanted. I quickly add her as a contact in my phone, my mom is secretly paying for me to have a phone so she knows I am ok. 

I start to head for the buses when Rob passes by and nods for me to follow. We walk out the front doors. 

"Where are we going?" 

"Ben went home early, pretended to be sick so he didn't have to take a test. He texted me and said his dad's liquor cabinet is full of the good stuff. We're going booze shopping." Rob says smirking.

"Aw shit man," I say in response, smirking as well. I know this is wrong on so many levels but I'm just a go with the flow kind of guy. I like free shit too. 

We arrive at Ben's house and he says 

we have to make it quick cause his dad gets  out soon. We open the cabinet and it is like we have found the holy grail of alcohol. There's so much. Now I know you are thinking, won't his parents notice? No, they won't, they never do, mostly because their cabinet is a liquor store. I grab one bottle of jack, one of the many many Svedka bottles and one of the more empty tequila bottles. 

We stuff all of this in Rob's bag and hurry out. Ben stays behind because he has to check in with his dad before he goes anywhere. Rob and I start the hour trek to his house since we missed the buses. 

"Tonight is gonna be great!" Rob says punching me in the shoulder. 

"Fuck yeah it is," I say laughing.

"Are you gonna invite that Elly chick, she is kinda hot," Rob says.

"Don't you have a girlfriend dude?" Rob laughs at me.

"When has that ever stopped me?" 

"You're right," I say and smile tightly. I feel a wave of jealousy roll over me. Rob always gets the girl and he always does it right in front of me. I'm not sure how he keeps getting girls, but maybe it has something to do with girls always going crazy when a guy is mysterious and quiet. His straight brown hair probably helps him too. I hate that using girls is like a game to him, but I don't stop him, so I guess it is my fault too. Maybe I shouldn't invite her. Save her the humiliation that is sure to come if she sleeps with Rob tonight. 

I have to stop thinking so negatively, maybe she won't sleep with Rob, maybe we will all just chill and have fun. I take out my phone and text her.

How does 5 sound? 

My phone beeps 5 seconds later.

What about 6? I've got this essay due on Monday and I want to get it out of the way.

I text her that six is cool and send her Rob's address. Rob's parents pretty much keep to themselves so we are able to do a lot without them noticing, plus they have a decent amount of land so that helps too. I used to think it was pretty nerdy to blow off fun to do school work but I think it is great that Elly has her priorities straight. It kinda makes me want to do my homework. 

We arrive at Rob's house with some seriously sore legs and we go up to his room. I fall down on his sofa and take out my homework. Rob gives me a weird look and then gets on his computer to video chat with his girlfriend.

I get about halfway through my homework when I decide to quit out of laziness. I grab the tequila out of my bag and take a swig, pure warmness spreads throughout my body and I relax. I look over at Rob, still on his computer but on a website instead of video chat.