Chapter 1

Authors note: I just want to say thank you for checking out this story, your reading means a lot. I am open to any kind of feedback and comment and I will try to reply in a timely manner. Love you!

Chapter 1

I wake up to the sweet smell of Mary J in the air. I open my eyes to see my best friend Rob and his friend Ben smoking the last of our weed.

"Hey fucks, were you just going to smoke the rest of that without me?" I ask, pissed off. They always do this, but then again I do it too.

Rob just hands me the pipe, sometimes he is pretty quiet, unless it is only me and him. I'm pretty much all Rob has in the area of a 'real friend' everyone else just wants to get bud or smoke.

Even though he's my friend, I wouldn't exactly say Rob is a good person. He steals from everyone except me and doesn't have the best rep when it comes to the ladies, even though he has a girlfriend right now. I'm not really sure how we became friends because I'm not an obsessed girl who documents how everything happens and when.

My name is Declan, I'm 18, unemployed and I couch surf most of the time because I can't stand my dad. My dad is like the shittiest dad the world has to offer. He has a crazy drinking problem and a hitting his children problem. You would think a father wouldn't want to hurt his own flesh and blood, wouldn't you? Well think again, I'm still recovering from a black eye I got for visiting my mother last week. At least I saved my little brother from getting it, so no regrets.

I take a big hit from the pipe; its beat now. I hold the smoke in as long as I can, then I burst out coughing. I feel the day coming to a start as a calmness washes over my body.

"Dudes, the bus is gonna be here in like two minutes," Ben says to us. I feel my high start to dim at the thought of school. I am a senior this year, thank the gods. I don't think I could handle one more year of this high school bullshit. A honk sounds outside, shit, the bus. Normally I wouldn't care but at Rob's house, which is where I am at the moment, skipping school is unacceptable. We all scramble to get our stuff and run outside to the bus.

Rob's house is the first stop on the very long, tedious drive to school. Rob, Ben and I squeeze into the seats at the very back. It is pretty convenient because one seat is only big enough for one person and the other across from it can fit two. I sit by myself on the smallest side. We start talking about plans for the weekend which mostly involve acquiring and smoking the almighty green. It is Friday so we are working on plans for Saturday and Sunday.

"Sounds like my kind of party," a female voice says. We all turn to look at her. Our class's biggest over achiever and goody two-shoes stands before us. If you're imagining three boys with their mouths open in shock then you are right on point. She sits in the seat adjacent to Rob and Ben. Her name is Elly Jacobs and she's a short, light brown-skinned girl with dark brown curly hair. I am the first to speak up.

"No way, definitely not your scene. More like study groups and health shakes." The guys and I laugh. This is way weird.

"First of all, I don't do study groups. My intellect comes naturally. Second, I would rather eat shit then a health shake," Elly says.

"Well personally I would take the health shake." I smirk at her, then she flips me off! This girl is just full of surprises.

"Anyway, it is my scene now. Can I chill with you guys this weekend or what?" Elly asks sweetly, slightly batting her eyelashes. Sneaky, trying to get by with her looks. Which I haven't noticed really till now. I have never spoken to her before and the closest I have come in contact with her is passing her in the hallway.