9 | Beautiful Disaster

Börja om från början

"Don't 'I guess' me, say you did."

"I did okay! He is mysterious and sweet at times when he wants to be. Then, other times, he's a total douche bag with a spine." Jessica grumbled. "I don't know, maybe I just have a thing for men with big arms and bigger...-"

"Woah, calm down." Lois interrupted with her hand over Jessica's mouth.

She removed her hand and rolled her eyes. "I was going to say bigger hearts."

Sheilah chuckled. "So, you two didn't..." She made a circle with her thumb and index finger, using her other pointer finger to go through the whole.

"No!"

"It was a question!" Sheilah gasped. She looked up to see Perry standing above her. "Jesus!"

Perry looked down at three females and crossed his arms. They were always huddled up in Jessica's cubical. "I didn't know there was a girl scouts meeting going on." Perry spoke.

"For your information, I was never in girl scouts." Jessica said with her finger pointed up to the air. Perry shot her a look. "Or I was, you believe what you want." She recoiled with a nervous smile.

Perry looked at all of them again. "Is this what you do all day? All of you?"

"Basically..." Sheilah chuckled with a smile across her face. Perry rolled his eyes and purposely knocked a pigtail from her hair. "Perry!" She groaned, crossing her arms causing a chuckle to escape from Perry.

He pointed to Jessica catching her attention. "What did I do this time?" She asked with a raised brow.

"You have a visitor."

Jessica looked at the girls then back to Perry, who would want to see her on a Monday? "But I wasn't expecting anyone today."

Perry moved out of the way to reveal Bruce Wayne himself. "Hello?" Sheilah and Lois said at the same time.

Jessica crossed her arms, remembering exactly what happened at the Gala. "Hello, Mr. Wayne, what can I do for you?" She asked politely with a slight sass in her tone. Sheilah and Lois obviously picked up on it.

"Well, no need for formalities. You two already know each other." Lois chuckled turning around, slapping the back of Sheilah's head to follow.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior at the event." He sighed, pushing his hands into his jacket pockets. Lois and Sheilah both looked at each other in deep interest. Sheilah yelped and turned back to pretending to do whatever she was doing before.

"It took you a couple months, hm?" Jessica asked.

"Well, I had to figure out who you were and what floor you worked on. Your friend," He motioned to Sheilah. "helped me, Ms. Buckholz I presume?" Sheilah froze from drinking her Starbucks latte she got earlier that morning.

Jess crossed her arms, glaring at Sheilah's head, and looked back at Bruce. "Look, Mr. Wayne, I'm a little busy at the moment...-"

"If you were to go out to lunch with me, I'll let you ask me any questions you like." He interrupted, catching Jessica's attention.

"Any question?"

"Yes."

"One second, Mr. Wayne." Perry jumped in before she declined. Perry dragged her chair off.

Jessica held onto the bottom of her seat with a gasp. "Perry!"

"Okay, Kent, I know you don't like Gotham city elitist over there, but that would be a great interview for the Planet." Perry explained, eyes darting over to Bruce who was being interrogated by Lois now. "No one has been able to get a complete interview on Bruce Wayne besides Vicki Vale."