Paranoid

Note: A tad bit gory, but not that big a deal, depends on who you are, and what you read, to take the chance to read it... so It's "not rated" but don't worry there isn't anything too bad in here, and no nothing explicit , its not that kind of story hahaha, continue reading below, and ENJOY lovelies!! :)<3MinnyMay<3 ***PS: DON'T  click play on the youtube video until I tell you too durng the story, its ambient music to set the scene, and the note that says to press play will come up eventually near the end of your reading! And again, ENJOY! :)***

"September 2, 2013

Everyday it takes me 30 minutes to get home walking from work, I don't usually mind it, but today was my mother's birthday and she was finally coming home from work early, we were going to meet at home at 3:30 sharp, to leave to a restaurant with my father who flew all the way from Florida to celebrate. It's been a while since I've seen him because of the divorce, but he promised me last time he would try and act civilized around my mother for my sake, and so he's coming as i invited him.

I can't be late, and i only have 20 minutes to get there and and get ready to leave, so this time i chose to take a shortcut. You know, that one shortcut i have stayed away from for a while, but always talk about. The one i use to take everyday to school, until 8th grade when some stupid neighborhood kids decided to try and scare me, but accidentally ended up killing one of their own right before my eyes. The ignorant boy didn't know the gun was loaded, he was going to pretend to shoot his friend in-front of me... he failed, and ruined 2 lives in one day. A stupid mistake was made that day, and since then I still have nightmares. I am afraid that the same will happen again if I cross that path, but today was special, and i had to suck up my incoherent fear and just go for it. As I walked closer to the dark alleyway i felt a chill go down my spine. It was pure childhood terror. I closed my eyes and made a run for it. After about 1 minute of running with my eyes closed, a stupid idea i know, I jot my eyes open only to find myself jerk into a sharp stop. I looked to the back of me and looked straight ahead, nothing. It was so empty, gloomy, and peaceful. It felt colder here than were i started but i ignored the feeling, because i was overwhelmed by the excitement of knowing I had conquered my irrational fear. I began to walk at a normal pace, as I catch ed my breath. I felt as if a load of fear lifted off me and i finally came to my senses. I kept walking down the passage, and before i knew it I arrived to the end of the pathway, I made it alive i thought, and that was good enough for me. I turned left, and set for home. As I walked to my house i felt a strange sensation, as if I was being watched. I just shook it of, i was too determined to get home, to even care.

~Lana

September 2, 2013 (10pm)

Today was a fantastic day! It felt as though we were finally a family again. No talk about work from dad, no fighting about the divorce, no dysfunctional family; it was a good day, a sane day.

~Lana

...

11:30pm

I heard my mom scream at my father, he yelled back and ran out the door shutting it angrily behind.

At least the peace lasted for a little while...

.....

3:04 am

I thought i heard someone knock at my door, maybe i was dreaming, but i swear after the knock my door opened and someone walked in... but when i looked up to expect my mother standing at my door, nobody was there...

September 5 2013

Today I went to the mall with Stephanie, i bought those shoes I was saving up for finally, they look better than i expected, probably because i worked so hard to afford them. Today i also felt a strange feeling I had not felt for a couple of days, that feeling of being observed or...stalked. I know I'm just being paranoid, but still, i cant shake the feeling that i am being followed...