;:22:;

"Okay, okay, okay, this isn't real. He's just trying to scare me, that's all. Right? Oh my god, this is crazy, this is crazy. this is crazy." I paced around Sean's hospital room while a voice in the back of my mind echoed 'denial'. Demons are meant to scare people. It's like a Halloween prank. Right?
My legs grew tired and I sat besides his hospital bed. Poor thing, he looks like he's in a ton of pain, it's good that he's unconscious so he can't feel it, but it's still not so good if he doesn't wake up again....
No, I can't think like that. He's going to be fine. He's a strong lad. Even if so, this is a trick. A trap. That asshole douchebag placed me in this situation, hoping for a reaction. Jack is okay, I know he is.
I stood up from the extremely uncomfortable hospital chair and shuffled to the bathroom with my head down. Once I stepped in, I immediately splashed water on my face, sighing out. Déjà vu struck me to when the first time I formally met Sean. I was so confused and lost, not even noticing I was rejecting my future love. It's funny how things work, isn't it?
I wanted to bathe. I feel filthy.
It's been three days since Jack got hit  and I haven't left since the phone call. I didn't want to leave, he could wake up any moment. I don't want to be somewhere else when that happens.
I walk back to his side, and sit holding his open hand.
I'm just so tired.
I can't keep my eyes open, but before I know it, my eyes droop down and I am asleep.

*Dream POV*
I started walking aimlessly in the middle of the woods. It hadn't occurred to me how I got here or where I really am, but I just kept walking. Something was leading me in a certain direction, not on a path or anything, but I could feel it.
"Hey hot stuff." I saw a man walk besides me, of course, none other then the devil himself.
"What do you want, Anti?" I asked without looking, continuing forward to hopefully find my way out. "Oh, nothin' much. Just followin' 'ya around. Why not, right?" He chuckled as he followed me. I stopped and turned around to face him.
"Why are you doing this? Why did you make Sean get hurt? Why... Why couldn't you just let me be happy?" I questioned while gesturing my hands around. "Well, little miss lady, people always take things for granted. A lot more than they should. You shouldn't take the things for granted, even if you think you're not. You see (y/n), or... Signe... which ever you'd prefer me to call you,"
"(Y/n) is fine, thank you." I requested. I want to be called (y/n) since it's what I'm used to, but, in retrospect, I should have asked to be called Signe to get used to the feel. Oh well.
"Yes, well, (y/n)..." He continued, "things always happen for a reason. But, you are a special case. Turn around." He pointed behind me. I turned to a road in front of me.
"Okay? What's the point of all this? I didn't know you could control my fucking dreams too."
"Oh, babe, I can control anything and everything I want to. I'm a god, remember?" He snickered into my ear.
"Observe, this is a road. Does it seem familiar?" He asked as I shook my head no.
"This road brings you from your apartment to the store. The same one your little Jackaboy went before he got hit. Watch."
He pushed my face from the direction of his own to the street. I saw Sean walking with grocery bags in hand as I called for him.
"Sean? Sean! It's me, Signe! I'm over here! Jack!" I continued calling but he couldn't hear me. He happily just, walked. From behind, a swerving car came up quick from behind him. "Jack! No!" I shouted. Just before he got hit, everything froze once again. "Oh my god!" I ran up to him and ran my hand across his cheek. He was unphased, still frozen.
"Yes, you see, everything can change in a split second, (y/n), and you can't live life as a game. It's not made that way. Figure everything out before you think you know what you're doing. Just some advice." I turned my head to him, but he was gone. I looked forward and the car, along with Sean, hit and ran me over.

*End Dream POV*