;:21:;

Jack has been gone for two hours... where is he?
I'm sure it doesn't take two hours to go and get milk from a shop that's ten minutes away.
Maybe I should go look for him? No, don't be ridiculous (Y/- .... I mean Signe...
I really have to get used to that if I'm staying here now.
Signe, not (Y/n).
Signe, not (Y/n).
Signe, not (Y/n).
I should really just calm down. Nothing happened to Sean, I'm just being silly.
I'm not grabbing my phone to call him. I'm totally not on his contact.
Okay, maybe I am.
I listened to my phone obnoxiously ring for a solid sixty seconds before the ringing had stopped. "Jack?!" I yelled into the phone.
"Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system." The voice paused. 'Sean McLouglin' It spoke in Jack's voice, then in its own. "-is not available. At the tone, please record your voice message."
The phone beeped into my ear rather loudly.
"Hey, Sean, I don't wanna seem clingy or anything but you've been gone awhile, and I just wanna make sure you're okay. Call me when you get this. I love you." I hung up and sighed, tears filling my eyes. What if something bad happened? What if he was kidnapped? Or, or worse?
Stop it, Signe. You need to stop. He's perfectly fucking fine.
Take a nap, it will all be over and okay when you wake up. Sean will be home safe and sound, and everything will be normal.
I decided to listen to my conscience for once and sleep it off. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep

-

I woke up to my phone ringing. Sean's name and picture were on the screen, so I scrambled to pick it up. "H-hello? Sean? Where have you been? I've been so wor-"
"Hello?" A man's voice, deeper than Jack's answered the phone. "You're not Sean." I barely spoke out in shock.
"Hello? Is this Signe Hansen?" The man on the other end of the line questioned. "That would be me..." I trailed off, confused as to why this man had my boyfriend's phone. "Who are you? Why do you have Sean's phone?" I quickly asked, growing easily impatient for an answer.
"I'm detective Marson. We have found this phone in Mr. McLoughlin's jacket. You were his emergency number." The officer paused. "I'm sorry, but Mr. McLoughlin was struck by an oncoming car. He has severe injuries to his neck, chest, and right leg. He has--" I stopped listening and almost dropped my phone. He was hurt. I should have checked on him!
He was gone for so long and I knew!
This is all my fault!
No!
"Ma'am? Are you still there?" I tuned back in, tears running down my face like a faucet. "I-I am... M-may you p-please rep-peat the last p-part?" I stuttered out under my breaking voice. I don't care if it sounded embarrassing, my fucking boyfriend got hit by a car!
"Yes, Ma'am. Mr. McLoughlin is being kept and treated at St Vincent's Care Centre. I suggest you give him time to rest, though I assure you he's in good hands." That's it. I hung up and the unsuspecting cop and ran. I know where the hospital is. It's far, but worth it for Sean. Anything is worth it for him.

-

I ran in to a front desk where a red-headed receptionist sat behind a desk.
"Tell me which room Sean William McLoughlin is in." I demanded. I don't care anymore, I need to get to him.
"One moment please." She falsely smiled up to me as she typed away at her computer.
"I don't have one moment! Where is he?" I slammed my hands down in front of her.
"Room V206." She pointed up.
I ran to an elevator which led me there.
I followed the room numbers down the hall.
V198...
V200...
V202...
Getting closer.
V204...
...
V206...
I'm scared of what I'm going to see, how bad his wounds will be. I have to hide that fear and be strong. For Sean.
I stepped in to see a bandaged up Sean. His right leg was wrapped in a large cast which looked extremely uncomfortable, he wore an eye patch of bandages and cloth on his left eye with his right being closed, his left arm was also in an uncomfortable-looking cast, and I could not see his chest, though I could see a tube coming out of it.
I couldn't do it anymore.
I couldn't be strong.
I broke down crying next to his bed. The sight of seeing Jack so weak is enough to kill me alone. Who knows how much unbearable pain he is in?
I should have done something.
Anything.
I looked up to his face, covered by his sweaty green hair. I averted my eyes away from the horrid scene, and found a sticky note on the lamp of the bed's side table.
'I told you (Y/n), life is not a video game.
-A'