Something even a Hood warrior is scared of

Laserian

"What are you doing this evening?" I asked Amber as she stepped out of her work place.

"What I do daily, shift at Liquid Hearts, why?" She was still busy with her camera.

It amazed me how my thoughts revolved around her, even when she was not around. It amazed the kind of stability this girl has created in my life.

It was safe to say that I was comfortable and calm around her than I have ever been and this was not because she had a power. Another thing that made me awe her was her bravery. She daily attended her job fearlessly even though she knew the danger she was in.

And even if she was scared it never showed in her actions. She was very accepting to the fact that I was half animal and that filled me with kind of warmth I never thought was possible for me to feel.

"I wanted to take you somewhere." I mutter out the word.

Like I said I was not good with girls and asking them out on date was even scarier.

"A date Ian?" She stopped in her path and looked at me with a teasing smile.

"If you want it to be." I replied softly not sure if she will accept it.

She has seen me in my worst cold blooded monster stage.

"I would love that." She answered with a happy smile reaching her eyes.

My own smile formed in relief on hearing her answer.

And I am amazed that I was going on a date, I have never asked a girl for a date. Earlier Liosa did pull me along sometimes but I never asked her or any other girl myself.

"But the thing is Ian, I still haven't told dad and mom about you." She said sheepishly.

"Oh, right that." I drawled on the thought.

"Yeah, that."

***

"Fine you can help Talfryn just because Amber coaxed me into it but don't even look at her or I swear I will scratch your eyes off." I threatened him also agreeing for his help.

We needed someone who could bring some Quantum updates and who better than sneaky Talfryn who grew up with them.

"Listen Laserian, she made it quite clear about her choices. That doesn't mean I will not talk to her. Are you not sure that you can keep her?" His tone was tired and I realised that he was just taunting me.

"Just remember your limit." I said hung up before he sprouted anymore nonsense that might cause me to be angry.

I wanted to be in my best mood since in an hour I had to pick up Amber and that meant meet her parents.

I realised this was one of the things even a warrior is afraid of. What if her parents disapprove of me? This was all because of Talfryn. If he hadn't triggered the jealousy button I would not have taken such drastic measures.

"You are nervous, what happened?" Marc asked dryly.

His mood nowadays was sour and I very well knew why.

"Date." I choked out the words.

This made Marc smile in amusement.

"Be your brooding self, atleast her mom and her sister will be charmed. Females dig mysterious brooding guys." He suggested mocking me.

I glared at him.

"Okay, relax Ian. What is the big deal?" He asked with concern.

"That I am a monster. Last time I met her parents, I was a injured dog, I even tried to kill their daughter and I have killed people Marc." My tone turned from nervous to pained.