The Power she holds

A/n - I am being awesome and nice...double update people. Why? Because I have been late, so this is my way of making it up to you. I hope you like it!

****

Laserian

I was angry, really angry. I was angry at Amber for making a plan with Marc, at Marc for being so reckless, at myself for stupidly ignoring Amber when clearly it was living in hell, at Ailis for being evil and at Talfryn for shifting sides.

But even after this much anger I was not going all wild and murderous. Reason; Amber. Not only she had the power but also I don't want her to see me as monster as she once saw me as. The guilt was still eating me up.

It could have taken me few minutes to kill dozens of Quantums, I was best warrior among Hoods and I was not bragging.

But that required me to be the cold blooded killer I turned when I fully give in to my panther.

So I wanted to see Amber use her power that everyone can feel without even her trying. If she tried to project it further, it will be worth seeing.

So the plan was pretty simple, I wanted Amber to try her power and if it doesn't work I will do whatever it takes to protect her.

Marc was standing brave and confident in his wolf form but I knew he was broken inside. Eibhir didn't turned out to be the noble leader he pretended to be. I knew that it was not me who will find out what the prophecy is, it was Marc's right to question his father.

We all looked up to Eibhir but the old man turned out to be someone else. Plotting with Quantums was a tribal crime. I respected him so his actions disgusted me but for Marc I knew he would be devastated.

Growling Quantums alerted me to the surroundings and I looked at Amber to send her the signal. Our eyes met and as if she understood what I was thinking, she nodded slightly.

Her eyes closed and she focused intently on the animals in front of her. Meanwhile to keep her out of harms way me and Marc jumped into action. I paid attention to Talfryn as well. He did come to our side maybe to be in Amber's good books but I wanted to see whether he was actually fighting from our side or not.

His fighting style surprised me. He was not ruthless, he fought with tactic. He made sure no Quantums were harmed in his way yet he hurt them enough to keep them away from Amber.

For now I wanted to focus on the battle and did not want to think about a rival I had for Amber.

My mind was on warrior mode. I deflected, tackled and attacked. I was being less ferocious more careful in this fight. I had to give Amber a chance to apply her power. Once in a while, I would see her struggling with it. She was trying hard to project it to each and every Quantum available.

Her eyes were squeezed shut and her face turned red with all the effort and stress she was using on my plan. I had to kill my guilt so that I can make everyone believe that Amber was not a danger that had to be eliminated.

I wanted them to see first hand how she used her power.

Ailis was fighting with Marc while I was tackling Quantums. Usually Marc is swift on his feet, his fighting style is not dangerous or killing , it is confusing and fast. But Ailis was a brutal fighter.

In a sense I could see why she was the leader at such young age. My paws slashed through a bear drawing out a blood as I made my way to other animal in my path. It was a tigress, familiar looking stance but her eyes were black, coal black and they held the intent to kill.

As she leaped at me and tried to hit me in the soft spot like a Hood is trained to I realised who she was. Her attacking style was similar to a Hood but with more roughness. She was Terian's sister, the one turned more animal when last time there was a battle and Terian was in danger.

To protect her brother she went lethal. She had already lost her parents, she did not wanted to lose her brother too. And since then she was lost to her animal. She was one of them now, the Quantums.

If I wanted I would have killed her but I couldn't now that she might have a chance to be with her brother again with Amber here.

I wished in that instant that Amber's power worked and like my wish was being answered in some subtle way, a chain of events happened.

Marc howled in pain as a sharp wound was formed on his belly by Ailis and a gash of blood flowed out from it. It was as if all the pain from my injuries suddenly kicked in and I can feel my body go numb with shock.

"NO!" Amber shrieked and ran towards Marc.

I was ready to attack, to kill Ailis but something weird happened. Ailis backed off and shifted back to her human form. One by one so did other Quantums and then it hit me.

My animal and my human were in sync, so much power than I can feel my human giving instruction to my animal to remain calm and even strategize. It was wonderful and strong because it hit me like a wave and I shifted back into human.

Quantums looked surprised, panting and looking at each other for explanation as to what happened. But Amber she was ignorant of what she just did. She did that to keep Marc out of danger and when he was hurt she wanted to create a safe surrounding for him.

She rendered all the animals powerless.

Marc rested on her lap with a faint smile on his face. He was sweating due to loss of blood and pain. She was crying and at that moment I knew she was the one for me. She accepted me, she accepted the only family I have; Marc.

"I will live M. We hoods heal fast." His words struggled out from loss of breath.

He was healing but he was in lot of pain.

"Really?" She asked between the sobs.

He nodded and tried to smile but it looked more like a grimace.

Everyone around focused on her speechless at what just happened.

"You did the magic M." Marc whispered.

I moved towards them now sure that no one was planning to attack.

"What is she?" Ailis whispered almost in awe.

"Leave." I growled out my words not in mood to go all killing machine on them.

Quantums looked wary, not of me but of Amber.

"Do you still want to kill her? Can you?" Marc asked in a challenging tone even in his condition.

Silence followed after his question.

The big question was can they? She had the power of their true form and she can make them turn back into human. She made us vulnerable. Some might think it was making them weak but it was far from being a threat to my tribe.

"She is an abomination like you Fearghaile. Just like your mother was. And Eibhir doesn't like outcast." Ailis said in a poisonous tone.

Marc winced and my attention shifted from killing Ailis to helping my hurt friend.

Eibhir had a lot to answer but before that I needed my best friend in my life. He will heal but he still needed some herbs.

Ailis growled in an attempt to rile me and encourage other Quantums.

"Leave." This time Amber spook in a calm tone.

She was not angry, she was not worked up, she just said those words simply but the threat behind them was evident enough to cause the whole Quantum team to back off.

I was amazed at her and if I was not impressed enough, I was in awe of her now. She was a loyal friend, I realised.

Not only she had a power over Quantums and Hoods, I realised the strong power she held over me.

________________________

Woah, that was a bit on intense side. I really hope I did okay? I kind of wrote it and re wrote it to make it better.

And people, next chapter is up but pretty please make sure to leave you comments on this one two and don't be a silent reader.