And he reads

Amber Mikelson

My week passed in a blur. The job occupied most of my time and I was happy for that. But after the concert my mind was suddenly attacked by thoughts of him...Laserian. However the guy was I loved his name! I was left almost stunned when he told me his whole name.

It was a name worthy for a prince and by the looks of it he was one, Ice Prince to be exact. He was weird to say the least. For some reason that only he knew, he hated me but then other moment he was saving my life, giving me a bracelet. Then the look in his eyes when he saved me as if he was trying to understand something confusing.

My fingers ticked the chain on my wrist, it was beautiful and I didn't have the heart to take it off. Somehow he gave me the feel that he was not good for me but I was attracted to him nevertheless. I know that it was just infatuation and nothing more but the way he looked all the female population of Westwend was infatuated with him.

I would have just ignored him for being a stupid ass jerk but the way his eyes looked at me during the concert made me warm from head to toe. The gaze was warm, intense and somewhat dangerous ...I was immediately pulled into it. But being me, I pretended to ignore him.

There was something wrong about him.

And thank God, I didn't see him for a whole week. I passed that beautiful store daily but I never saw him there. I did learn through the week about his fan following, his popularity and that he was not only icy to me but intimidated everyone else too. He had dated once but the girl actually cried more than anything in that relationship.

He was cold hearted and rude. A quality I hated in someone.

The weekend came and I was too happy about it. My good mood even made my parents question my sanity. If they knew about the nightmares or voices they would actually question my sanity. No one knew and I like to leave it that way. It was not killing me just making me tired, edgy and stressed, a lot!

"Mom, Dad, I am going to the market." I yelled out to my parents who were probably asleep.

Nightmares didn't let me sleep till late in the morning and I can't remember the last time I slept for more than four hours. So I decided to jog early in morning, it was seven and sun was peeping through the clouds.

I put on my favourite music and plugged in the ear phones getting reading for run.

Closing the door behind me I started to jog lightly down the road leading to market. I had few things in the mind I wanted to buy. Since market would not be open this early, I decided to jog for a while.

The air was perfect, fresh, warm and cold at the same time. Imagine Dragons blared in my ears as I matched my feet with the rhythm enjoying myself.

Jogging for a while I came across the store which was closed with shutter down so there was nothing to admire. I passed it into the woods that we had to cross to reach the market. As the song was about to change, I felt a moment of silence and howl stopped me in my tracks.

I removed the ear plugs and breathing heavily I waited to hear another sound. I might have mistaken it since I was listening to music as well. I was about to put the plugs back in when the I heard a howl again!

A wolf? My heart beat that was already fast due to all the running got even faster. I restarted, faster this time in a hurry to get out of the forest now. I had no idea there were wild animals here. My feet just carried me, my mind checking and rechecking my surrounding.

There was nothing, no one around but I never slowed down. Suddenly I felt a gush of find hit me and taking a sharp breath I turned to look around me. Nothing.. then between shadows of trees and bundles of leaves my eyes found a pair of eyes, onyx coloured eyes.

I blinked and it was gone. I might have imagined it but all the weird stuff in my life I knew I didn't imagine it! Surprisingly I was not scared, I wanted to know who was there. My feet was stuck on the ground , my mind trying to make a decision which way I should go.

Maybe deep inside I still had a sense of right and wrong so I choose to get out of that place and running for a while I came to the steep path down the hill.

My eye kept flickering to the bushes built on the border of the path as I ran down on the slope. It was almost eight now and sun was on full show shining brightly. Some shops were open but I was no mood to get the stuff and return home.

So naturally I walked in the book store, more like a small library. It was not called Westwend Library or something like that. It was call Whispering Tower and I had no idea why. It was not even a tower.

I entered and noticed an old man smile and greet me.

"Good morning." I greeted back feeling at immediate ease with smell of books around me.

It was big enough, with rows of shelves after shelves and between two shelves , few chairs and a table was placed.

I picked up the newspaper from the day of concert from old paper pile.

A smile crossed my face when I noticed my pictures and my name as the photographer. There were some great shots, specially the crowd reaction and the one with Laserian singing, his eyes settled on something or someone very intensely.

I submitted all my favourite shots, Anna did the choosing. I was glad that she selected the best ones. There was a personal interview corner but Laserian was not generous enough to give an interview. It didn't surprise me, instead it made me giggle.

I kept the newspaper away before the old man thought that I was drooling over a boy in the paper.

I moved forward to search for something to read according to my weekend mood but I came to a stop and so did my heart when I noticed a familiar head with lush sand brown hair bend down, focused in reading.

Laserian O' Fearghille the bad boy, band member was sitting there alone reading a book. For no reason at all, my heart warmed up as I thought...So he reads!

Our hero reads! :) I love you guys who read!

Thoughts please?

And there is a piece of mystery in here? And guesses or ideas?

Keep up the reading and VOTES!