24.

16 March 2015
12:00am

SOMI

I went up to the sixth floor, the floor where––everything started from. As the lift doors opened, I stepped out and took in the familiar surroundings as I walked down the corridor.

I remembered the door of the room where Boram and her parents were in at the time I was setting up the fire with the group of trainees. I turned open the knob of the door and walked into the room.

The whole room was engulfed in flames and in the middle of the room, stood––Boram. However, she looked different from how she had looked awhile ago at the lobby.

She was wearing a sunflower dress––a dress that was very familiar to me. Then, it struck me. It was the dress we both had as part of our friendship. It was also the dress she wore when she was engulfed in flames years ago.

I started tearing up. Boram just stood there, looking to the ground as the huge flames around the room slowly made their way to her.

"No, no––Boram!" I shouted in my tears as I watched her disappear behind the fire.

I fell to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. I knew what she was trying to do––she wanted me to know how she died. I could feel the heat waves getting more intense but I just kept on crying.

"Please... Boram! I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to kill you!" I yelled across the room.

"Then... why did you still do so...?" I heard a voice just beside me.

I turned to my left to see Boram sitting right next to me with her face all burnt up and blood trickling down her eyes. I was jolted out of my skin due to her sudden appearance. She stared at me, making me hesitant to respond. A sly smirk could be seen on her face.

"You can't answer me... can you?" She asked sarcastically.

"I-I-I..." I stuttered, feeling very anxious to reply.

"I trusted you, Somi, but look at what you have done..." Boram uttered.

"B-Boram, it's not like that," I told her.

She leaned close to me.

"It's time for you to die a painful death..." She whispered into my ear, ignoring what I had just said.

With that, the flames around me became bigger and bigger. However, out of the blue, an unknown voice called out to her.

"Boram!"

Boram and I immediately jerked our heads to the direction of the voice to see three figures approaching us.

16 March 2015
12:30am

J-HOPE

Rin, Jimin and I had found Boram and an unknown girl in a room engulfed in flames. Seeing her daughter, Rin immediately shouted across to her.

"What are you doing here?!" Boram yelled frustratedly.

"You have to stop what you're doing," Rin uttered in a calm tone.

"Stop what I'm doing? Are you hearing yourself, mum? She was the one who killed you and me and––dad!" Boram exclaimed as she pointed to the unknown girl.

"You just have to let it go, Boram... You can't keep killing people..." Rin responded, almost in tears.

"I do what I want!" Boram raged, making the flames around us intensify.

16 March 2015
1:00am

TAEHYUNG

"Guys, guys! Look! There's smoke coming from up there!" I exclaimed anxiously while pointing to a huge cloud of smoke coming out from a window in the building. My friends looked up and widened their eyes in disbelief.

"What do we do, what do we do?!" Jungkook was panic-stricken.

"Uh uh- I'll call the firefighter," Jin said as he fished out his phone.

The huge cloud of smoke got me worried for Somi. She was up there all by herself, facing Boram. I could not let that happen.

"I'm finding Somi," I told my friends.

Just when I was about to run off into the building, I felt a tug on my arm.

"Are you nuts?! You'll die!" Suga yelled at me.

"You'll die too if we didn't break open the toilet door!" I shouted back at Suga.

I yanked my arm off his grips before running into the building, not looking back at my friends.

"No, Tae!" Jin and Rapmon shouted across to me.

"What the––is he freaking serious?!" I heard Suga rant before I entered the building.

I ignored them and headed to the staircase at the corner of the lobby. I climbed up until I started to smell smoke coming from one of the floors––the sixth floor. I could see smoke coming out from one of the room and headed there.

Red and orange flames covered the room as I stood by the door. Then, I saw someone in the middle of the room and realised that it was––Somi.

She had her head down and was sitting on the ground. I was relieved to see that she was still alive but became worried again seeing the flames surrounding her. The ceiling above her was blackened due to the intense heat from the fire and it looked like it could collapse anytime soon.

"Somi!" I shouted across to her.

Upon hearing her name, she lifted her head up and looked straight at me.

"Somi, let's get out!" I yelled again.

She shook her head nonchalantly.

"Tae... just go..." She said softly.

"No, Somi! You can still get out!" I shouted across to her.

From where I was standing, I could see tears streaming down her face but again, she shook her head.

"I can't..."