19.

15 March 2015
12:45pm

TAEHYUNG

I went to meet up with Somi again today. Currently, we were at the coffee shop where we first met each other.

"You need to tell your friends to get out of that building! Like seriously, I'm not even kidding!" Somi exclaimed even before we could sit down at a table.

I have to admit––she's really annoying.

"Alright, alright! Chill gurl," I scoffed at her, rolling my eyes.

I took out my phone before dialing for Jin, following closely to her orders. Seconds later, Jin picked up.

"Oh my god, Taehyung, where have you been?! Why didn't you answer my calls?! Why did––"

"Hyung, wait wait! Let me talk first," I interrupted his nagging.

"You need to bring the guys out of the building now––like now, now," I tried convincing Jin.

"You've got to be kidding me," he scoffed in the phone.

I could imagine him facepalming.

"No, hyung, like seriously. You need to leave the building!" I asserted.

"Yah, Taehyung-ah! Stop fooling around and just come back to us already!" Jin exclaimed with agitation.

"Hyung––"

"You know what, just end the call," Somi cut me off before yanking my phone off my grips.

She then went ahead to end my phone call with Jin before handing over the phone back to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion, cocking an eyebrow at her.

Wasn't she the one who told me to tell my friends to leave the building?

"Let's just go there and physically make them leave the building. Wouldn't that be a better idea than arguing at each other––on the phone?" She suggested with sarcasm.

"But I just left that place and you want me to go there again?" I asked in disbelief.

"Uh, yeah? Don't you want to save your friends?" She asked, crossing her arms against her chest.

I sighed. She is literally making me look like a selfish and self-centred person. Eventually, I gave in and ended up following her to the building. After taking the train, we finally arrived in front of the building. I looked to her and realised she had a worried and anxious look on her face.

"You okay?" I asked her, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm okay," she replied, looking away.

However, she did not move and just stood rooted at the front compound of the building. Due to that, I did not move too since she was not moving. I was confused though.

"Uh Somi... we're suppose to go in. My friends are inside," I told her, scratching my head sheepishly.

"I know, I know I just––" She paused there, not continuing.

I waited for her to finish her sentence but she never did. I really had no idea what was going on with her. Just then, I saw two figures, through the automated glass doors, walking towards the entrance of the building.

The doors opened wide and I was surprised to see Jungkook. I was not sure whether to smile or to be worried so I just stared at his face with my mouth agape. Also, there was a girl standing beside him.

"Tae?!" Jungkook exclaimed when he saw me.

"Jungkook, I––"

I was unable to finish my sentence as Jungkook's sudden embrace surprised me. I returned back the hug and patted on his back. We pulled away from the embrace and turned awkwardly to the two girls with us.

I looked to Somi and realised that her eyes were widened in disbelief. I was baffled by her reaction so I turned to the direction she was looking at to see that she was staring at the girl standing right next to Jungkook. That girl, herself was also in shock seeing Somi.

"Jeni?" Somi uttered.

She was still in disbelief, her mouth agape.

"Oh, you know her, noona?" Jungkook asked the girl beside him.

The girl, who I assumed was Jeni, nodded her head gently.

"Yes, I do. She's... Park Somi."

At that point in time, there was a quick change in Jeni's expression. She suddenly turned all furious and scornful.

"How could you do that to her?!" She raged at Somi.

Somi staggered backwards, surprised by Jeni's sudden outrage. I had no idea what they were talking about though.

"I thought you were her friend!" Jeni shouted again.

"Noona, what are you talking about?" Jungkook asked as he stood in between her and Somi.

Jeni ended up breaking into tears.

"I didn't mean to..." Somi muttered as tears started forming in her eyes.

"Huh what?" I questioned, currently very perplexed by the situation.

What the heck is happening?

"I have to go now," Jeni said.

She quickly he wiped her tears away before walking off, leaving me extremely clueless.

"Jeni, I'm––"

Somi was unable to finish her sentence as Jeni ran off without saying another word. As soon as Jeni disappeared down the street, I immediately turned to Somi, giving her a confused look.

"Err, what just happened?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I don't understand too," Jungkook added.

Somi let out a sigh before shaking her head in disappointment.

"It's all my fault..." She uttered.