17.

15 March 2015
12:15am

SUGA

What kind of Police officers just run away like that?

I rolled my eyes at that thought. Right after they left, my friends and I realised how unreliable the Police can be and decided to find alternative ways to find J-Hope the next day. Currently, I was in the newly-built computer room on the third floor using Facebook on one of the computers. That was when I realised Taehyung was online. I quickly sent him a message, wanting to guilt-trip him for leaving us.

MinYoongi: Wah Tae, where did you go after leaving us?

KimTae95: I went back home, of course

I was just about to reply when I received a friend request. I exited the conversation with Taehyung and clicked on the request:

LeeBoram

Lee Boram..?

I was trying to remember if I had any friends with that name. After much thought however, I decided to just accept the friend request before going back to the chat with Taehyung.

MinYoongi: Why did you leave us just like that?

KimTae95: You wouldn't believe me if I were to tell you

I was typing my reply to Taehyung when another chat message appeared on my screen. It was from––Lee Boram. I cocked an eyebrow in confusion, wondering why she would start a conversation with someone she does not know. Without thinking much, I went ahead to click on it and saw her message.

LeeBoram: Hello :)

Is she trying to flirt with me?

I rolled my eyes before heading back to Taehyung's chat, ignoring her message.

MinYoongi: Forget it. Eh, I think a girl is trying to flirt with me

KimTae95: Wah hyung, who is it?

I laughed silently seeing a smirking emoji after Taehyung's question.

MinYoongi: Some girl named Boram

KimTae95: Boram? As in Lee Boram?

MinYoongi: Yeah, you know her?

KimTae95: No no, unfriend her, hyung! Now now!

MinYoongi: Why?

That was when the lights in the computer room started flickering. In seconds, the whole room was engulfed in darkness. I thought there was a short circuit so I immediately stood up from my chair and headed to the switches for the lights, ignoring Taehyung who was spamming my Facebook account with messages. I turned the switches off before turning them back on but the lights still did not light up.

"Ahh great," I sighed as I continuously pressed the on and off button of the switch.

The lights still did not work. I took out my phone and shone the flashlight around the room. As I flashed it around, I thought I saw someone standing at a corner of the room so I went to flash my flashlight at that corner. I concluded that I must be seeing things because there was no one there.

Feeling exhausted, I hastily headed over to the only computer that was switched on and went to switch it off. I did not even manage to take a look at the messages Taehyung had spammed me before leaving the room.

I realised the lights were still working fine in the corridor compared to the computer room so I thought that maybe there was some fault in the electrical wires in the computer room.

As I waited for the lifts, I glanced down to the carpeted floor to see a piece of paper lying flat in front of me. There were wordings on it so I picked it up.

Leave the building with the rest when you still can.

A familiar signature could be seen beside the message. I was unable to decipher whose signature it was mainly because it was a signature and signatures are meant to be illegible.

I folded the paper into a smaller size and kept it inside a pocket in my jeans. As soon as I reached my dorm room, I crashed on my bed, not remembering about the letter at all.

15 March 2015
1:30am

J-HOPE

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked Rin, the woman I was so afraid of when I first met her at the lobby.

"Let's hope for the best..." She responded with a soft, soothing voice.

Rin had told me everything I needed to know––like the building's history, her daughter, Boram and what Boram is going to do when 16 March comes by.

She also told me that I was not in the real world but in the 'underworld' where spirits and ghosts live in. However, I was here, in the 'underworld', with my real-life body and was not a spirit nor a ghost.

Rin said that if I did not get out of here quickly, I would be stuck here forever. That thought just frightens me. Rin also said that Boram was currently in the real world as a spirit because her soul is still not at peace yet.

Boram wanted revenge but was unable to do so because the people that caused her death were no longer in that building. Due to that, she vents her anger on every 16th of March––the day where everyone in the building would die the same way she did and that is––

by fire.