18.

15 March 2015
10:20am

JUNGKOOK

It was 10:20am and in a few more minutes, my tuition teacher would arrive any time soon. I sighed.

Why do I still have to study?

Jin had paid someone to teach me Mathematics since he knew I was flunking it.

"You better not ditch her," Jin warned me as he walked past me at the lobby.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I scoffed at him from the sofa.

"Alright, bye. I'm going grocery shopping," Jin said as he skipped his way out of the building.

I just looked at him in disgust.

Grocery shopping? Ew.

Currently, I was waiting for my teacher to come walking through the entrance anytime now. Minutes later, a lady, around her twenties, entered the building with a huge smile on her face.

"Are you Jeon Jungkook?" She asked me politely.

"Hm." I simply said before walking over to the lifts.

"Oh okay great. I'm Jeni by the way!" She introduced herself as she ran after me, towards the lifts.

I could not be bothered and entered the lift first. She rushed in, not wanting to be left behind. As we reached the second floor, I brought her to the dining table in the kitchen for the tuition since we did not have an actual study table around.

"I'm sorry but we don't have a study table so––"

"No, it's okay! Here is fine," she assured me with a smile.

Jeni was very friendly and bubbly so I had decided to be nicer to her. I felt bad for being cold towards her just now so due to that, I tried my best to focus.

It was difficult since it was Mathematics––obviously––but yeah, I'm trying my best.

"Jeni noona, can you teach me how to do this equation?" I asked her politely.

She nodded before teaching me the equation step by step. Afterwards, she excused herself as she needed to go to the bathroom. While waiting for her, I continued on doing some other equation. That was when I heard some conversation at the corridor outside the kitchen.

Did Jeni noona met Jin hyung?

I wonder was I tried peeping out to the corridor from my seat but was unable to see anyone.

"Ah whatever," I told myself and continued my work.

"Yeah, he's Jungkook," I heard my name in the conversations outside the kitchen.

I frowned.

Who in the world doesn't know me?

That immediately made me stand up on my feet and head over to the corridor. I poked my head out to see Jeni noona's back just in front of me. I was about to tap on her shoulder when she turned around and let out a short scream seeing my sudden appearance.

"Yah! You scared me!" She exclaimed as she patted her chest to calm herself down.

"Oops, sorry noona! I was just looking for you," I told her sheepishly.

She shook her head in disapproval as she entered the kitchen with me.

"Oh yeah, who were you talking to?" I asked her.

"I don't know her name but she asked about you," Jeni noona responded as she sat down on her seat.

Someone asked about me? Oh my. I never felt so appreciated in my life.

However, that was when I realised what Jeni had said.

Did she just say 'her'?

I thought for awhile. There were no other girls I know in this building at all. In fact, strangers are not allowed to enter the building so––who is this girl Jeni noona is talking about?

"How does she look like?" I asked her.

"Well, all I could remember was her middle-parting hair," Jeni replied.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times in disbelief.

Middle-parting hair...?

Oh no.

"Uh, Jungkook, is there something wrong?" Jeni noona asked, concerned.

"Uh, no no. I'll just get back to work," I responded and sat back on my seat.

I continued the incomplete equation while Jeni noona guided me. After I was done with a few other questions, she tapped me lightly on the shoulder.

"You know, Jungkook, this place seems very familiar. It's like I've actually been here before," she told me.

Err okay...?

"Oh wow. That is something I really want to know," I responded sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes jokingly.

"I'm serious though," she said before letting out a chuckle.

"Good for you," I replied before breaking into laughters, realising how sarcastic I was.

"Fine then," she uttered, looking away.

Our tuition session ended minutes later so I followed her down to the lobby to send her off.