She scoffs. "How many times do I have to tell you... you're absolutely gorgeous and not to mention cute as a button. And that new hair cut of yours only adds to it if I do say so myself,"

I thought of the short pixie cut that I'd requested a few days earlier and was happy to hear that it looked good. I knew that Liv wasn't just saying that just because we were friends, If there was something that I'd learned in knowing Olivia Holt was that she had to be the most honest person in the world and from her description of herself I imagined her to be a five-foot seven, porcelain skinned, curly haired brunette, with eyes as blue as sapphires. A heart shaped face, slender nose, and thin lips.

Then there was me, black haired, mousy, freckled, barely five-foot twenty-two year old Native American girl with cloudy light brown eyes. Though most people wouldn't know that because I kept shades on most of the time to keep people from feeling weirded out as I seem to just continually stare at them.

The waiter comes back with our food and serves us but he doesn't leave right away in fact his heart rate increases and I can hear the change in his breathing and then slight shift in his movements.

I smile. "Is there something wrong?"

He takes in a deep breath. "I was wondering if you'd be willing to go out for a cup of coffee sometime..."

I feel Liv nudge me from under the table as if to say: You'd better take this man's offer or I'll take it for you! 

"Nathaniel was it?" I ask.

"Yes," he answers a bit shakily.

"I'll be happy to go with you for a cup of coffee... Leave your number with my friend here and I'll contact you,"

"O-okay, yes! Thank you!" 

I hear pen scratch against paper and then he is walking away with his rapid heart beat back into the kitchens.

"I'm proud of you... He's cute. You'll have to tell me all about the date when I get back from my trip in China."

"What? You're going away already? You literally just got back today,"

She sighs. "I know, I know. But this is more job related than pleasure, I promised my boss that I'd go over there and help cover the shoot for the next editorial. But that doesn't mean that I can't have a little bit of fun while I work,"

I laugh. "Alright, just be sure to tell me everything and be sure to tell Mark that I said hi,"

"Will do,"

We eat our dinner and talk for a while before Liv has to leave to be ready for her departure.

"Are you sure you'll be alright to go back alone? I can drive you there its really no problem, I'd rather that than you walking out here in the dark." asks Liv, the concern clear in her voice.

I nod. "I'll be fine, it's always dark for me. I'll just take the subway back to my apartment. You've got to pack before you depart, go."

She sighs. "Call me. As soon as soon as you get into the house,"

I give her a small salute. "Yes, Ma'am!"

She gives me a hug before heading into her car and a moment later I hear her car roll reluctantly down the street. 

I begin my walk down the street, it was a little bit quieter outside not as many people walking around as there were earlier. But there were still enough for me to figure that I was going in the right direction.

Suddenly I hear my phone begin to ring, my text tone. I stop to dig it out of my purse.

"Siri, read the text message."

"Nathaniel says: 'I hope you had a good night, I'll see you this weekend, right?'  she responds in her monotonous voice that I've always at least found a little calming.

I smile and prepare to answer back but suddenly someone I don't recognize comes around me and there is a sickly sweet smell. I begin to struggle and try to kick them, but they were like a brick wall.

Where did they come from? I didn't even hear them approach me...

I feel hot breath by my ear. "Don't struggle... It will make this transition a lot easier..."

I try and beat their arms but all of my movements were becoming a lot more slack and slow, soon everything is gone.

***

Hey, I hope you enjoyed this first chapter... I wasn't gong to post this story until I was done with Frost but I decided I would give some alternation between the two stories while you wait since they are both going to be short. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. Until the next time! ^_^/
The track above is called The Queen's Curse from the Once Upon a Time season one sound track by Mark Isham.

-Flowereader230