Day One

I work my way through the crowd, saying excuse me as pass around people or at least try to. Before I know it I've bumped into someone and I hear them curse and then their breathing begins to elevate signaling that they were beginning to have a out break of some sort.

"I'm sorry sir... But did any of it get on you?"

I hear a scoff. "Did any-" 

And there it is, he's probably taken in my appearance. noting that the shades just weren't for show as well as the stick in my hand with a red tip signaling to the world that I was indeed blind.

I hear him sigh. "No, no, it's fine. Honestly, I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay?"

He was lying,  I could smell the coffee coming from him.

I smile. "Yes, I'm fine."

He doesn't say anything.

I can assume that he nodded his head.

"Right, well have a nice day," He says flustered, his heart rate was increased. He's embarrassed.

Definitely a nodder...

I continue on my way through the streets, New York City, one of the great iron jungles of the world, or so I hear at least. Not being able to see one of the major cities of the world had it's disadvantages, like not being able to see the ball drop on new years, the city covered in snow, the beauty of the newly constructed One World Trade Center, or the sunset or sunrise along the sky line.

I say thank you as someone holds open the door to the restaurant I was meeting my friend at.

But it did have it's advantages.

"Hey, E! Over here!" I hear Olivia's voice call to me from somewhere further down the room.

I follow her voice trying to block out the rest of the dinners in the building and soon Olivia's familiar shampoo hits my nose and I hear two chairs being pulled out from the floor.

"E!" says Olivia excitedly, pulling me into a hug which given our height difference put some of her hair into my face.

Despite this I smile. "Hi, Liv..."

She pulls back from me and then guides me to my chair before taking her own.

"How was your trip?" I ask her resting my pointer beneath the table but still have it where I could rest my hands on top of it.

She takes in a breath excitedly. "It was great! Venice has to be one of the prettiest places in the world... " she sighs, and if I could see her expression it would probably be one of fondness as she looked upon her memories. "Oh, Em, I wish that you could've been there!"

I smile. "But I'm afraid I wouldn't have been much fun... you would've had to explain everything to me,"

She makes a slight noise of disbelief. "That's what I am here for, what type of friend would I be if I couldn't at least do that!"

I smile again. "Liv..."

"But seriously, you should consider coming with me on one of my trips next time."

"Maybe I will,"

Soon the waiter comes to us taking our food and drink orders. I hear Olivia's breathing change slightly.

"What?"

"That waiter was totally checking you out,"

I feel my face flush with heat. "What? You must be mistaken... You're the one that people look at," I shrug. "I'm the ordinary girl with the little problem of not having any vision,"