“Here,” I said, placing them in his hand.

                “Thanks,” he said, putting his glasses back on and blinking as his vision adjusted.

                “You looked like Velma,” one of the guys Francis had been walking with said.

                “Fuck you Carter,” Francis said, standing up and pulling me with him.

                The guy, Carter, snickered. “Whatever you say Francis.”

                “Are you sure you’re okay Nash?” Francis asked, putting his arm around my waist.

                “I’m fine,” I mumbled.

                “Do you want me to sit with you at lunch?” he asked.

                I shook my head. “No. I’m just going to go hang out in Mr. Roberts’s room for the period,” I said. I knew he wouldn’t want me hanging out in Ms. Michaels’s room.

                “Alright. I’ll see you later then,” he said. He pulled me close. “I love you Nash,” he said before kissing me.

                I kissed him back roughly, wanting him to know how much I really loved him. He was all I had left in the world.

                He pulled away from me and offered me a cute smile before turning and walking off with his friend. I watched them go until they had disappeared around the corner.

                The bell rang and I made my way to first period. When it was time for my study hall, I sat down, trying to ignore the looks that Ms. Michaels was giving me.

                “Are you okay Nash?” she asked at last, coming over to me.

                “I’m fine. He would never hurt me,” I said flatly.

                “Let me see your wrist,” she said, raising an eyebrow at me.

                I reluctantly showed her my bruised wrist. “He didn’t mean to. He just lost control of his temper for a second. That was all!” I said angrily, pulling my sleeve back down.

                “Nash, that’s dangerous. What if he loses his temper and really hurts you?” she asked, looking concerned.

                “That would never happen. Mind your own business!” I said.

                “I just want to help you,” she said.

                “I don’t need help!” I snapped.

                “If you ever need to talk about anything, you know that I’m always here for you Nash. Always,” she said seriously before going back to her desk.

                I glared down at my desk until the bell rang. I jumped up and hurried out of there, going down the senior hallway to my locker. I just wanted to get my lunch, go to Mr. Roberts’s classroom, and lose myself in my music.

                I jumped as a hand fell on my shoulder. I sighed and shut my locker, turning around.

                “Francis, I told you I’m fi-” My face paled as I realized that it wasn’t Francis behind me.