Chapter 10

"Jaime, where'd you say we were going?" Vic asked. Now out of the hospital, Jaime had less things to worry about, except for the thought of Vic relapsing. His mind was frazzled as uneasy thoughts weighed him down. Jaime was rushing around the house, checking for things. He walked away from Vic, leaving him in his room as he hurried to the living room. That's where he had been keeping some of his things, some of his personal things.

"Jaime, answer me!" Vic yelled, footsteps thumping and echoing down the hallway. Jaime had been acting so secretive around him, and frankly, Vic was tired of it. He felt Jaime had been keeping things from him because of the situation with the drugs. However, that wasn't the case. It never was the case. Panic surged through Jaime as his back was turned to Vic, hurrying to pull the heavy, black gun from out the drawer and slip it into the waistband of his jeans. He yanked his shirt down hastily and finally turned to look at Vic, giving him what he hoped was an easy smile.

"I got a job I need to do at a place far out and I figured I could take you with me. One of the guys there says he knows how to keep you distracted." Jaime lied and he knew how sketchy he sounded not giving any specifics about the place. He knew it would only raise more questions from Vic and probably increase his suspicions of something going on. Of course, he knew of no one there who'd be able to keep Vic distracted, but he had something in mind, something to make his plan seem a little bit more real. To make his plan roll smoothly, and hopefully easier.

"What're we doing here?" Vic asked Jaime as he knocked three times against the back door. The familiar stench of stale marijuana filled the slightly somber atmosphere. The repetitive sound of crickets chirping and mosquitoes buzzing around them filled the silence, the wind howling and rustling their hair. "This is where the job's at." Jaime told Vic without looking at him. Jaime chewed nervously on his lip, if this went wrong who knows how long it'd take to get back to where they were now. Days. Years probably.

"I didn't know it would be here." Vic said. Jaime turned to look at him. "You've been here before?" He asked incredulously. Vic nodded his head, hands shoved deep in the pockets of his black skinny jeans. "This is where I started." Vic trailed off, a distant look in his chocolate orbs. Before Jaime could utter another sentence, the door before them opened.

They walked down the narrow, musky hallways it was to get to the main area. Smoke clouded the area and briefly Jaime worried if it would cause Vic to relapse. But the minute someone walked up to Vic offering him a joint, he refused. Anxiety surrounded Vic, he felt as if he were engulfed in the arms of it itself. He was fidgety and his eyes constantly flicked from one face to another, quickly scanning down their features before passing on to the next. He felt he was being tempted by some sort of vixen, bribing him, luring him.

"Here, uh, I did something to get your mind off things. Don't know if you'll like it but, here goes nothing." Jaime said to him as he opened the door in the far back. He shoved Vic inside with haste and slammed the door closed behind him, leaving Vic to be embraced with an odd glow from the dimmed lights.

Tony stood behind the glass, shocked when he saw Vic walk into the room. He hasn't ward from Vic in a quiet a while but his friend, Jenna had been keeping him updated about him until recently. He had lost all connection to Jenna. This dance had already been paid for but Tony still had questions for the confused faces Vic held. The door clicked behind him as Vic spun around in time to catch his gaze.

"Tony?" Vic said, confusion inking his voice even more now. Raised eyebrow, he walked closer to Vic before the dancer would come out.

"Tony! We have a problem." An urgent, needy voice from Beau came from the doorway. He was out of breath and his eyes were wide, pupils blown. Tony pushed past Vic, the two bodyguards that stood behind the tinted glass following suite. Now it was just Vic in the room as the door slammed closed, the noise echoing off the walls quietly.