Chapter 5

Vic woke up the next morning, eyes bleary and hazy. He had no recollection where he was or where his shirt was. No recognition of anything. His head ached and he just wanted to close eyes and sleep off whatever he had taken the night before. Everything had been coming to him in random flashes but he couldn't remember anything of importance from last night. Judging by the looks of things, he doubted he wanted to remember. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, sitting up in bed.

"Glad to see you're up." Said a blonde while standing in the doorway of the room, the only thing she had on was a small towel wrapped around her body that barely reached mid-thigh. Who she was, Vic had no idea. How he ended up with her in what was possibly her bed and house, no idea.

"Uh...I don't mean to be rude, but who are you and what am I doing here?" He asked, grabbing his head as he sat up too quickly, headrush hitting him harder than he thought.

"Don't worry, I'm Jenna, a friend of Tony's. Thought it'd be better if you came with me, you were kinda outta of it." She said, dragging a hand through her wet hair. Tony. That's why he was in that situation, because Tony had taken him there. Vic tensed after taking in the situation. He didn't have a shirt on and she had just stepped out the shower. He feared the worst had happened.

"Oh my god, I didn't-... We didn't..." He stammered nervously. The blonde laughed it off casually, then walked over to her dresser.

"Oh no, I know all about Kellin." She giggled. However, she stopped when she noticed Vic's stoic expression. She saw the way Vic's eyes glittered with the unshed tears, the headache making matters worse. Instantly, her body was filled with guilt. She hated making people feel sad or bad about things, and although Vic was a stranger, it didn't change things. After one look at Vic's face and body language, she knew she hit a touchy subject.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't know he was a sensitive subject. You talked about him like he was waiting for you at home..." She trailed off. Vic only lowered his head, wiping furiously at his eyes. That's why he was there. He had gone to Tony's stupid party to forget all about Kellin, not mouth off about him to some random girl. His thoughts were disrupted when Jenna dropped the towel and started rifling through her dresser.

"Oh my god!" Vic shouted, tumbling out of the bed as his legs got tangled in the sheets. He fell to the floor with a thump before scrambling out of the room. He could hear Jenna's laugh but her jokes didn't make him feel any better.

With his sense of navigation, he managed to find the bathroom. He wiped off the excess steam from the mirror, gazing at his tired reflection. The heavy bags under his eyes were deep and purple and his hair was tangled in knots. He hated looking at himself now. Everytime he looked, all he saw was the broken remains of what once was a man. A man who got his heart torn out by someone he had yet to find.

His thoughts jumbled together in his mind, running over each other and overlapping. He just wanted his head to stop, to stop thinking and making a mess out of things. But they wouldn't. They never seemed like they would, either. With a tired, hefty sigh, he pulled the cabinet open and pulled out two pills: both for headaches. He looked at the pill bottle in his hand.

May cause drowsiness, exhaustion, and loss of memory. Do not take with other types of medication or alcohol. For people older than 15, take two every four hours.

His eyes drifted over to the two blue pills in the palm of his hand. He pocketed the bottle of pills, hoping they didn't make too much noise when he would leave. He retreated back to the room to find Jenna fully clothed and hunched over the smaller dresser that was next to her bed. Vic arched a brow, until he saw what Jenna was doing.

She threw her head back after sighing in relief, wiping her nose as she did so. Her eyes looked glazed over and a lazy smile swiped across her lips.