Chapter 17

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I am glad that I was given one more day to do what I want. Haley called last night after I calm down and told me the seniors are planning to do the senior skip day tomorrow.

And she remembered it's on my list, so she asked me if I want to go to school.

I sat up and saw a figure standing on my balcony. My heart dropped. His back view looked so lonely and lost. Sawyer looked at me and gave me a weak smile. It's not his usual cheerful smile.

He walked to me, sat beside me and both of us didn't say anything until I started, "Why are you here?"

He wasn't there last night, got drunk and didn't call me at all. I thought he was just like other guys who will run away when they found out the person they hangs out with is dying.

"Niall let me in and I thought I should come over," He said.

"I'm sorry for leaving last night," He said, brushing his thumb on my puffy eyes, "Niall told me."

Of course Nialler told him everything.

"Its fine, you don't have to say anything. I'm dying and I understand if you don't want to hang out anymore,"

"What are you talking about?" Sawyer frowned.

"I said-"

"I heard you," Sawyer cut in and put his hands on my face, looking right into my eyes. "Nichole, I want to hang out with you. I want to complete your list with you and be with you throughout this. I'm not those people who leave you for this. I-"

He sighed, pulling me to him and make me stay in his hug, "I thought I could stay and wait for you to wake up and tell you everything will be fine which is not. But I bolted because I can't stand knowing you are going to leave me. All these while, I thought it will never end."

"Sawyer..."

"No," He put his head on my shoulder, "One year ago I decided to annoy the shit out of you because that's the only way I could get to talk to you. Those guys who wanted to make friends with you; they were threatened by me. I always had a crush on you, Nichole. You are the one who makes me want to go to school every day. It was a pathetic one year crush until you finally talk to me and we get to hang out,"

"Even though it's a short period, I still enjoy it and I still want to get through this together." He said. A tear rolled down my cheek, he sighed, wiped the tears away from me.

"I can't be with you," I stated, "It won't end well if I-"

"Then don't," He said, "As long as we know what we are doing and that we like each other, it really doesn't matter at all."

I sealed the deal with a longingly kiss. He returned back and this time he wasn't gentle. It was rush as if he don't have much time left do it. He broke away when I was out of breath. I looked into his eyes and that's when I realized I had already completed one of the things in my list.

Nichole's Bucket List No. 12: Fall in love.

>

The seniors went to first lesson and we are already ready to move out when the first bell rings. Haley smiled at me, "This will be fun,"

"Party at Pierce, yay," I cheered sarcastically. Haley rolled her eyes and when the first bell rang, the seniors walked out of the class as normal but we are all heading towards the car park. I saw Sawyer is already there on his Ducati and waiting for me with a helmet. Niall drove over to the corner and signalled Haley to get in.

Everyone was in their car in less than a minute and the security guard who will usually stand by the gate wasn't there because I heard Niall said that someone created a distraction on the other side of the school. We have only less than five minutes to get out and clear the parking lot.

Let's say we did a pretty good job.

I hopped onto Sawyer's bike and wore the helmet. Everyone started to horn when we were driving out. Sawyer chuckled in front, "I've been waiting to do this," He pressed a long horn from his bike and behind us, Niall continued and it went down the line until we all got out of the school.

Nichole's Bucket List no 6: Senior Skip School Day!

Checked.

xx

The party was again held in my house and it was a pool party, so everyone is half-naked. Not that I mind, but it's really difficult to not feel out-casted since I was wearing a long sleeve and jeans. I have bruises I don't want to show.

I sat in my room and watched the seniors playing downstairs. Haley didn't come to the party since she went to the workshop and looked for Eli. Sawyer was downstairs doing shots and Niall was supervising the party with his team.

Sawyer walked in with a tray and I raised my eyebrow. He smiled, "Juice shots, drink it up!"

We did juice shots in my room. Sawyer and pulled me up and said, "Come on, let's get out."

He drove to our usual favourite place and stripped. He really stripped and smiled when he saw me blushing, "Your bucket list no. 1. Skinny dipping,"

"But I-" I feel conscious about my body and I really don't want to go skinny dipping with Sawyer. He's so perfect and...

Sawyer snapped me out of my thoughts and linked his arms around my waist, "You are beautiful, Nichole, it doesn't matter what's on your body, it's you." He tapped my nose, "You are important,"

I sighed. Well, screw it. I only lived once. I removed my jeans and luckily I wore quite a normal pair of Victoria secret panty with a matching black bra. Sawyer's eyes almost bulged out. I let out a relieved sigh, I'm glad I get the reaction out of him. He scanned through my body and smiled, "See, not that bad isn't it?"

He brushed his fingers through my bruises, "This is your battle scar, don't be ashamed of."

Okay, I'm going to do this. I watched Sawyer jumped in and was laughing when his head came back up, "Come on! I got you,"

I took a deep breath, run towards to the lake and jumped into the water. It was cold at first but when I slowly resurfaced, my body started to adapt the temperature too.

I let out a satisfied scream and smiled when Sawyer pulled me towards him, placing his lips on mine.

Nichole's Bucket List No. 1: Skinny Dipping

Double checked.