Chapter 32

I wake up to the ear shattering noise of Aphmau screaming. I bolt up and look around for her. I see her on a log pointing to the ground near her. I draw my sword and walk over to her.
  "What is it Aphmau?" I said in a groggy voice.
  "THERE WAS A REALLY BIG SPIDER!" She yelled.
  "Couldn't you have just stepped on-" I felt something on my leg. I look down and saw a Black House spider. I let out a shriek. I dropped my sword and jumped around while flailing my arms to get it off(this is so me whenever there is a spider).
  "GET IT OFF!" I screamed.
  I ran around some more until I picked up my sword and got the spider the crawl into it. From there, I set it on the ground and slayed it like the monster it was.
  I realized Dante was now here and he was staring at me, barely containing his laughter. I pointed my sword to his face.
"You shut your mouth. That was scary." I told him with a stern expression.
He walked off laughing. I ran up behind him and tripped him. He landed face first into mud. He sat up and glared at me. I burst out in laughter.
"Hey, Dante, you got a little something on your face." I said.
"Whatever. Just get ready. We'll be leaving as soon as I wash off." He instructed us.
I rolled my eyes and went to the tent to grab my bag. I pulled out a carrot and an apple. I ate the apple as I walked over to my horse. Come to think of it, I still have to name her.
  I pondered names as I fed her the carrot. Lexi? No. Sprinkles? No.
  "How about Raina?" I pondered out loud. She neighed and bounced her head up and down. I smiled brightly. "Then Raina it is."
  "Ready to go?" Asked a voice from behind me. I knew it was Aphmau.
  "Yup." I said turning around. Dante came up to us with his shirt wet. I giggled just thinking of what I did.
  "So there is part of the Southern Wolf tribe up ahead so we better be careful." Dante warned as he climbed into his horse. Aphmau and I followed his lead.
We all were heading south when we saw a huge castle.
"Dante, what's that?" I asked pointing to the castle.
"I dunno. Donna didn't tell me about this. I think we should be more worried about the wolfs though." Dante replied, drawing our attention to our left.
There were around 15 light grey wolfs. Their legs where messed up big time. It's like their knees were bent in odd ways. Hatred filled their eyes. Like they hated everything, even air. Just looking at them made me shudder.
"Maybe we can make friends with them." Aphmau said as she led her house over.
"Aphmau stop!" Dante and I said. We couldn't tell or else we would attract unwanted attention. It was too late though. She already caught their eyes.
They all let out a deep growl and started running towards us. Aphmau let out a squeak and turned her horse around.
We all went towards the castle but it was difficult, being on ice and all. We soon got onto dry land and picked up speed.
We arrived at the castle and slammed the door behind us. My heart was beating out of my chest. I hopped off my horse and tied her to a fence post, the others doing the same.
"I'll go look around. You ladies hold down the fort here." Dante said. We both nodded, not wanting to go upstairs, deeper into the darkness.
Aphmau walked around a little and tried placing torches down. She soon yelled out in anger.
"WHY CAN'T I PLACE TORCHES?" She cried.
"Aphmau just give up. Let's go sit by the redstone torch over there." I gestured to a single redstone torch on a pillar. She sighed and followed me.
About an hour later Aphmau and I were erring irritated that Dante wasn't back yet. This castle wasn't that big.
"I'm going after him." I said, pushing myself off the cold stone floor.
"I'm coming with you, I'm not gonna be all alone down here." She said. I lent her a hand and we were on our way upstairs. I made sure my sword was drawn the whole time, as Aphmau did too
"Dante?" Aphmau called out.
"DANTE LISTEN UP. IF THIS IS A PRANK TO GET ME BACK, YOU'RE DEAD MEAT." I yelled. Just talking wasn't going to get us anywhere.
We were upon a library now. It would be cozy of the setting wasn't so creepy.
Aphmau continued to call out for Dante and I walked around some. She stopped for some reason which freaked me out.
I looked over to see her reading a journal of some sort. Fear swept over her face and she put the book down. I noticed it was some blood on it.
"Aph, you okay?" I asked.
She swallowed hard. "Fine. Just a little creepy up here."
"I must agree with you on that one." I said.
We walked a little further until we came across a child's room and DANTE?! We rushed into the room to see if Dante was okay. Out cold.
I heard the door behind us slam shut. A small wind came from it and swept my hair back. It was dead silent until somethings started laughing. It sounded like a kid, yet evil. It surrounded us.
Aphmau was scared out of her mind but I wasn't. It was all too familiar.
"What do you want?!" I yelled.
"YoU, mY pReTtIeS!" It replied.
"S-Stay away! It's bad enough you're in my dreams but here? Real life is going to far!" I called back, my voice breaking.
A black figure appeared. It was like a floating cloak, tattered at the bottom. It eyes shining bright red, looking into our souls.
"LeT's HaVe A lItTlE fUn, ShAlL wE?" She screeched. Aphmau went pale white but then my vision blurred.
"LeT's SeE yOuR gReAtEsT fEaRs." It called.
My eyes fluttered open. I wasn't in the castle any more. I was in a war with Laurance by my side. I smiled at him, he smiled back.
Our smiles faded when we saw Zane. His eyes we pitch black. He held a black broadsword. He darted to us, holding his sword out. He was too fast for us to react and his sword went right through Laurance's stomach.
Zane pulled his sword out, covered in blood, leaving Laurance limp on the ground. Zane laughed manically and fled. I knelt to the ground and held Laurance.
There Laurance was, dying in my arms, blood spilling out of his body. My tears ran down my face.
"Y-Y/n." He sputtered.
"Y-yes?" I said, unable to stop my tears.
"I-" that's it. His face went lifeless. The last thing he saw was my eyes. He couldn't even say I love you.
"No! LAURANCE COME BACK. LAURANCE." I screamed. "PLEASE. Please. Not now." My voice dropped to a whimper. "This can't be happening."
The scene changed. I was in a black dress now, looking in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. I looked like I didn't get much sleep.
"Y/n~Sama, let's go." Kawaii~Chan said while walking up behind me. She grabbed my hand and led me from the house.
I had gotten to the point where I needed to be led from the house. My body had gone numb to all things outside eating and sleep. Even then I know I hadn't gotten much.
We arrived to a funeral. People were saying their goodbyes and all. It was my turn. I felt like there was a rock in my throat.
"Laurance was a-" My voice got caught up. "A very-" I couldn't go on. I burst out in tears, unable to continue.
He was gone. That's all I could think about. He died in my arms by the hand of Zane.

Word count: 1360