Chapter 23

Y/n POV
   I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want to see anyone. I wanted to escape. But where? I can't leave this village. Zane will find me either way and I can't leave behind these memories. I am a run away princess. That's what we do. Run and run. Being a princess is harder than it seems. My feet carried me away. I didn't know where I was going, just away. I ran to my house. I couldn't be here for long though. I grabbed some clothes and my bag filled with food. I also grabbed my sword and armor. Should I bring Maggie? No. Laurance can have her until I return.
   I darted out of my house and to the stables. I jumped on H/n and he took off. I couldn't go to the gates. H/n ran in the opposite direction of the gates. Perfect. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't care either. Just not to White Rain or O'khasis.
Laurance's POV
Where is she? I ran back to the house. Maybe she's just in her room. I flung open her door. Not here. I look around and see her armor and sword is gone. Same with her bag and some clothes. No no no. This isn't good. I went to the stables to see if her horse was there. Nope. NO I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED HER! I mentally punched myself. She could have been anywhere and I didn't stop her. I felt like breaking down but I knew I couldn't. I ran to Aphmau's house and told her what I knew. She told me to look for her and she would too. Katelyn, Travis and Aaron also volunteered when they heard about it. Dante said he would stay to make sure the village was safe. We all went in different directions. I knew she wouldn't go to the gates so I got on a horse and went to the right of the gates.
Y/n POV
   I had a head start on leaving. I couldn't tell if anyone was behind me. I went straight for a while then turned right a little. It was starting to get dark so I set up a tent. I didn't really feel safe out in the open like this but I had so suck it up. I put on my armor and tied H/n to a tree near my tent. I laid down with my sword next to me. I couldn't sleep though.
How did Zane know about my magicks? Was it because I told him I killed the Demon Warlock? Why did Garroth join him? Sure I knew he liked me, but loved? I loved him but as a friend. Why is Zane doing this? Tears started to cloud my vision.
Laurance's POV
   Knowing Y/n she would have turned somewhere on her journey. I turned left after some time. Hmm. It was getting dark. This means she would have set up camp right? I slowed my horse down to a walk. If she was out here I wouldn't want to startle her. I looked for any traces of light. Nothing. I decided I should set up camp. I didn't light a fire because if she was near and she saw light she might run.
Time skip and Y/n POV
   I felt something nudge me. I grabbed my sword and held it up to whatever it was. Turns out it was H/n. I sighed and dropped my arm. He had a frantic look on his face. Fear began to swell inside me.
   "What is it, boy?" I whispered. He stamped a hoof on the ground. Meaning: We have to go. Now. I jumped up and slung my bag over my shoulder. I left my tent because we probably don't have time to grab it. I scrambled onto H/n and he took off. He raced past trees. This must be bad. He kept going. I soon heard something behind us. The only thing that could keep up with H/n is another horse. This is really bad. Hoofs stampeded behind us.
Laurance's POV
   I got up and saw a dark brown horse off in the distance. As soon as it saw me it ran to what looked like a tent and woke someone up. I needed to follow. I jumped on my horse and grabbed my stuff. The person was already leaving. They were wearing a black cloak and a f/c sword? That must be Y/n!  My horse finally caught up to hers. She turned around, fear plastered on her face. Her face relaxed some when she saw me. Her horse kept going though and she didn't stop him. I made my horse sprint ahead of hers. My horse stopped right in front oh H/n, making her fly off of him. She landed right in my lap. I smirked.
   "Hey, sexy." I said.
Y/n POV
   "Hey, sexy." He said with a smirk. Hehe I'm gonna freak him out. I made a really angry face.
   "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME SEXY?" I shouted. Hehe. He looked stunned.
   "Y-Y/n. It's me. Don't you remember me?" He asked, worried. I couldn't keep a straight face anymore. I bursted out in laughter. His expression grew angry. "YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK!" He yelled. Oh yeah. I ran for a long time. He carried me off of his horse and set me on the ground. He sat down next to me.
   "Y/n. Please, tell me what's going on." He pleaded.
   "Zane.... Knows things about me..... That he shouldn't. And I don't know how. And Garroth. He said he joined Zane willingly. I swear I wasn't leaving for long. Just a few days to get my mind off of things." I explained.
"Y/n. What did he say?" He asked. I didn't want to tell him that Garroth loved me.
"He knows I'm the princess. He also knows I have magicks. I'm just scared of what he will do." I started to weep. No. Not now. I wiped my tears. Laurance wrapped his arms around me
"We'll talk about it more at home okay." He picked me up and set me on his horse. He climbed on in front of me. He grabbed the reins to my horse and made his horse run. I fell asleep on Laurance because I was pretty tired.

So I did say that this chapter would be longer and is not. :/ sorry. I have big plans for the next few chapters so that's why. Also shout out to kittie2003 and The_Red_Panda. You two have been super supportive and I really appreciate it.