Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to ' EmilyZehnter' who helped me make up my mind and for saying she loves this!!!!!

Thank you. Happy reading. ^ _ ^

CHAPTER 17

Ian floated  into conciousness and reached for me. I was laying right next to him and I gently ran my fingers through his hair. It was the darkest hour of the night and the sound of gently lapping waves soothed the storm in my heart.

" I can feel you worrying from here. " he whispered.

" You do eh ?"

"Yesss. Come here babe and let me take all your worries.  "

" Ian!  You say the nicest things...."

"So what color is it?"

"What?" I am confused.

" The elephant in the room silly.?"

I almost giggle at him. But then it turned into a sigh and I cuddle into his side resting my head on his shoulders. He hugs me tight.  " Nicky, you are the only woman for me. She was a wisp of our imagination and has disappeared just like she had come. " He was very ernest and serious.

" Have I thanked you for being you and for the amazing night we just spent together.  " He continued softly as he stroked my hair and then he turned to breathe in deeply.

" You are the one I want forever. I know you are feeling guilty and worrying about bringing some body into our marrige but you don't have to. She was just a fantasy."

Tears were rolling from my eyes by now and soaking his skin. He hugged me tighter and made soothing noises.

" You always know the perfect words to say to me......"

We rubbed our noses tenderly and then I chuckled, "This figment of our imagination cost us a pretty penny Ian !"

"Worth every bit of it I can assure you. She never said a word , did she?"

"She was'nt supposed to...."

He laughed and made to get up," Well inspite of the excercise I got last night I am suddenly filled with energy. Lets brush our teeth and then go for a early morning swim. "

" Ian!" But I am talking to his back as he vaults out of the bed and runs to the bathroom.

I drag myself out and follow him too.

-   -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first rush into the calm sea in the dark chills me but as we swim forward it feels better and when we witness the first peek of the pink rays coming out of the horizon we are spellbound and the chilled water feels like heaven. The great rolling ball of fire rises quickly and the sky lightens in a riot of colors.

We swim back and rush inside naked and dripping and dragging sand through the beautiful room and into the shower.  We wash each other and Ian stays  and shaves as I order a sumptuous breakfast of fresh fruits, coffee, bacon , hash browns and toast.

I dress quickly in a peach strappy dress and matching sandals as ian saunters out a gleaming white towel wrapped around his waist and looking edible.

I marvel at my luck at having him as my loving partner and blush slightly at the look he sends my way. He veers suddenly and comes upto me,

" God! You look good enough to eat." He picks me up and swirls me into the air. He bends to kiss me and the doorbell rings.

Putting me down he walks away to open the door. As he leads in the two waiting staff he goes to dress while I motion to them to lay the breakfast on the table on the patio outside our cabin.

We breakfast in the golden morning with the breeze caressing our flyaway hair. I look him over and grin, " You look adorable with your hair mussed and in these colourful shorts and t shirt."

"You look adorable wearing anything, with hair combed or mussed and look even better wearing nothing at all." He flirted with me with his eyes twinkling.

I laughed out loud and he joined me. We are happy with each other and our love is strong. I only hope that the coming years are as kind to us as the years gone by. Suddenly a dark heavy cloud appears on the horizon and a siren sounds across the small island and the morning looks like a scene from twilight.