"If you decide to go through with this plan, what makes you think she won't resent you?" The butler adjusted the glasses on his face. "She is rather close to the twins, especially Superman."

Bruce shrugged his shoulders. "She'll still have Bruce Wayne."

"Let's say that she's connecting to Bruce Wayne, which she isn't but let's say she is. What happens when she finds out that Bruce Wayne is really the Batman? The man who killed her friends because of a wrong choice."

"She won't." Bruce growled out as he began to inspect the Batmobile.

"Master Wayne, in my short time of meeting Madam Kent, there is one thing she is not and that is stupid." He scolded with his eyes narrowed. "I wouldn't underestimate what she could do, especially when she is a Pulitzer prize-winning reporter." Bruce stopped whatever tinkering he was doing on the Batmobile at his words. "Madam Kent is highly intelligent, as you already know with your prior research of her. Do not assume that she's close to the twins for no reason. There's a reason for everything and that is because she chooses to see the good in them, just like in Batman and in Bruce Wayne." Alfred crossed his arms. "Who are you truly doing this for? Her or for you?"

Bruce grits his teeth before tossing the wrench on the worktable angrily. The tools bounced off each other with multiple loud clunks before he walked past Alfred. While on his way back to his desk, his phone buzzed with an incoming call.

Jessica's name flashed across the screen. He grabbed the voice modifier, pressing it to his throat before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey, I have the drive with all the information that you needed." She answered. "It wasn't as hard as I thought, you could've done it better than me." She joked, but, to the tone of her voice, he knew something was off.

"What's wrong?"

She was quiet. "What do you mean?"

"Did Luthor do something to you?" He growled. "Cause if he did...-"

"Woah!" She cut him off. "I'm fine, everything is okay, it's just..." She paused for a second. "When he got to his office, he started to interrogate me."

Bruce clenched his jaw. "About what?"

"His father." She rubbed her forehead. "The last time I saw him alive, he was telling me how much he was proud of me than the next thing I know, his death was being broadcasted on the seven o'clock news." He heard her sniffle. "Weirdly enough, he was the closest thing I had to a father after my own died when I was a teenager."

Bruce stayed silent, listening to her while sitting himself down in his computer chair. "Yeah..." He heard her sigh.

"Listen, stop by whenever to pick up the drive. I won't keep you too long." Before he could stop her, she hung up. Jess, now huddled in one corner of her couch, stared at the envelope in her hands. She ran her fingers over the writing as her bottom lip quivered. It really was Lionel's handwriting; she could acknowledge it from anywhere.

She opened the envelope, feeling something hard pressing against the paper. The first thing she took out was the letter with watery eyes. She rubbed her forehead, trying to calm herself down. "Jesus, Jess... stop crying." She mumbled to herself. She cracked her neck before rolling her shoulders. "Okay..." She breathed.

Unfolding the triple creased paper, Jess began to read Lionel's final letter addressed to her.

My dearest Jessica,

If you are reading this Letter, that means whoever tried to assassinate me the first time has succeeded. You're a smart girl, you already knew that. It is with a heavy heart that I have to write this to you, I never intended to leave you so soon but when you hold Extraordinary power, other's greedily want what you have. To say I wouldn't have died soon is an understatement. I thought it would have been best not to tell you I was already dying. My X-rays had come back with an aggressive tumor In my lungs. So, I kept it to myself. It hurt very much not to tell you Dearest, every waking moment I couldn't confide in the one person who saw the good in me was worse than Anything I have done in my life. You are a force of Greatness in this world, a symbol of Extraordinary positivity, and Righteousness. Outstandingly enough, Understand my decision of not telling you of my cancer. I wanted you to thrive to be whatever you wanted without someone stopping you. You, my Star-light, gave me the Second chance at being a better person, a better father. Long after you're gone, your name will be known with may great faces in history like Juilusc@es@r.