Jobs

I woke up to an empty bed. She left again. I groaned before grabbing my robe from the floor. I tied it and walked down to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.
I grabbed the coffee mix from the shelf and started the maker. I went to get a spoon from the drawer on the island when I noticed a note.
Regina, sorry something came up. Call me when you'd like to see me again. I understand if you don't because I just keep disappearing. 274-6601. -Emma
I smiled slightly and placed it back down. The kitchen began to smell of coffee catching my senses.
I walked to the fridge and took out eggs. I walked to the stove and took a pan out from the cupboard next to it and started to make an egg. When it was finished I toasted bread and grabbed some mayo. I made an egg sandwich by the time I was about to eat the coffee was finished. I grabbed my black mug with a red apple that said "Every Queen Needs Coffee" I pored the hot brow liquid and grabbed creamer.
I poured it in and went to my plate at the island and started to eat. The house phone on the wall started to ring.
"Hello?" "Wait to be transferred." There was various beeps. "Your majesty." "Captain." "I was wondering if you'd like to do a job." "How much when and where. Remember I have a son." "Yes how could I forget about the lad. Tomorrow come to my place. Oh and if you have another driver you'd think is good bring them as well." "Yes I have one. Now I must go I have work in and hour." "Yes love." He hung up and I sighed. I placed my dishes in the sink and rinsed them. I then walked up the stairs to my room. I grabbed a tight black skirt and black blouse. I did light make up and grabbed my black stelletos. I flipped my just past shoulder length hair and grabbed my phone. I checked myself one more time before walking down the stairs my heels clicking. I walked to the closet and grabbed a black pea coat and walked out to the garage and got into my black '71 GTX 440. I started the engine and let it run. I then opened the garage and pulled out. The engine echoing off the walls and other cars.

I walked into the hospital around 8. I took my phone out and dialed my sister.
"Mayor Mills office." "Hey this is Regina is my sister in?" "Yes just a moment" I waited a minute and walked to my office. "Regina." "Zelena I need you to watch Henry." I placed my purse down on the desk. "How long?" "I don't know." "Regina you need to quit doing this. One day your going to get caught and I won't be able to protect you. Think of Henry." "I know. Henry will be ok. I do this for him any way. With the money I get on top of my regular paycheck he doesn't have to worry about anything." "Yes he does Regina. He worries that you might not come home. He doesn't know what you do and thinks it's a business trip." "Zelena please." "Fine is he at mothers?" "Yes make sure to tell her that I'm on a business trip as well." "Fine." She hung up and I placed the phone on the desk. I took my pea coat off and slipped on my doctors coat. I slid my stethoscope around my neck and grabbed my id and clipped it to my coat Chevy pocket. I grabbed my pen and placed it in the pocket and walked out shutting the door. I walked to the front desk.
"Tink I need my patient list." The blonde in green scrubs with the fairy that portrayed her nickname rolled away from the computer and over to a stack of papers and began thinking through them before getting to a small stack. She placed them on a clipboard and rolled them back over.
"There you go Regina." She smiled. I rolled my eyes before looking at the first one.
Mary-Margaret Blancher Nolan.
Great a cop.
I made my way to the emergency room and to an open stall. Inside was the couple.
"I would say nice to see you but your in the emergency room." I said not looking up.
"Yes I would agree." She stated out of breath.
"Now it says here that you think you broke your arm?" I asked looking up. She nodded biting her lip. "Nurse!! I need to get this woman into X-Ray! Is it open?" I yelled. A nurse walked over.
"Yes Doctor Mills. Right away." She brought over a stretcher and David helped move his wife over. They whisked her away while I was scribbling info onto her paper.
"What happened?" I asked.
"She was cleaning the top of a grandfather clock at the house and fell off the stool she was standing on." I furrowed my brow.
"Did she land on something?" Before he could answer a nurse came up to me.
"Doctor your need in the X-Ray room." I nodded and told the man I'd be right back before walking into the room.
"It's definitely broke but there is also something else." A nurse said founding into the scan room. She was on the table. I walked over to her.
"She's pregnant." I whispered. Her eyes shot open she had tears in her eyes.
"W-what?" She said crying.
"Mrs. Nolan your pregnant." I confirmed. Her hand flew to her mouth.
"I've never been able to conceive." She said in between sobs.
"How long have you been trying?"
"Nineteen years." I furrowed my brow.
"When did you get married?" I asked confused.
"19. I'm 38." She sighed clearing her tears with her palm. I grabbed a tissue from the nurse and dabbed her eyes lightly.
"Wow well we need to get your arm in a splint." I wheeled her back and the nurses started to splint her arm.
"David I have to tell you something." She whispered when they finished.
"What is it?" He asked taking her hand and kissing it.
"I'm pregnant." They both broke into tears.
"Well come in in three two days and they'll get you your cast. Congratulations." I then stepped away.
The rest of the day I went to various patients.
At the end I went to the Chiefs office.
I knocked.
"Come in." She said. I opened it to reveal Cruella.
"I would like to ask you something." She nodded and motioned me to shut the door.
"What is it darling?" Her accent went with her black and white hair. You'd think she'd have a lot of dark make up but she didn't . Her face was exceptionally beautiful.
"I need some one to cover me. I don't know how long I'll be gone but I promise I'll make up for it." She looked up at me.
"Yes. Go." She shooed me and I went half awkward.
I left to my office and grabbed my purse and hung up my coat and tidied up my office before grabbing my coat and walking out.
"Have a nice evening Doctor Mills." Tink said as she typed away.
"You too." I walked out to my car and sat there for a moment before pulling out Emma's note. I dialed her number and let it ring.
"Hello?" "Hey it's me meet me at my house we need to talk about something." I hung up and sped home.