Clara Brown

(This chapter is a little different. Instead of Solangelo {:)} meeting the mortal, the mortal is narrating what she sees from afar).

I stumble into my locker, tripping over my untied shoelaces. What am I? A third grader?!

I deposit my books into my locker and bend down to tie them, keeping my head low and my body pressed against the lockers. Hopefully no one will notice me. That would be a disaster, seeing as I have the inability to actually talk to them. I guess I'm mute. The doctors say it is social disorder. Shrug.

I feel a breeze displace the loose hairs in my head, and I turn to look up, seeing two boys walking hand in hand. It is absolutely adorable! The black-haired teen is smiling at the blonde like it is a rare occurrence. I can understand that feeling. The blonde is talking to him, his mood bright. They look like the perfect couple!

It is like they are both protecting each other. You can sense it from a mile away. The blonde protects the other emotionally, while the dark boy seems to be protecting the blonde physically. He is practically daring anyone to make a move on the blonde or criticize their beliefs. His gloomy looks to other students prove this.

I wish someone would protect me like that. I wish someone would notice me. I guess I can try to work through this disorder...

I don't want to be alone.

These thoughts resounded through my mind as the couple walked out of the schools doors at the end of the day, leaving me with a new resolution.

(I know this is short, but I did it to cater toward the character)

CIAO